Author Topic: 3-4 hr EASY  (Read 619 times)

Offline lgliser

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: February 15, 2007, 19:11:31 pm »
Our babes are 4 months now and they started taking 45 min naps.  I read that that may be a sign that they're ready for a 3.5 or 4 hr routine so we've been working on it.  We're pretty much doing 3.75 on average.  Sometimes less sometimes more.  Here is a typical routine:

7:30 awake and BF
A
9 Nap
11:15 awake and BF
A
1 nap
3 awake and BF
Ideally now they would catnap around 5 till 5:45 ... sometimes they do but not always.
I usually start cluster feeding at 5:30.
We start our wind down at 6:30 with baths, then a feeding at 7-ish and down for bed by 7:30 or so.

It usually works out ok but they are just always on the verge of cranky in the evening due to the werid timing of the catnap or lack of catnap.  I know I could push their bedtime to more like 8 but I like the 7:30 time. 

Is it enough to just have 2 2 hr naps at this age?  Sometimes the naps aren't even quite 2 hrs!  So I would think that wouldn't be enough.  Any suggestions to tweak this routine?
Thanks!
Laney

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: 3-4 hr EASY
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 20:27:30 pm »
Hi Laney,

Ideally you still want to aim for that cat nap. If your lo's refuse the cat nap, try to keep the time from then until bed time as low key as possible.  Perhaps just sit them in the bouncy chair in a quiet room.

This may help them to not get as cranky if they skip the cat nap.

HTH's

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007