Author Topic: 3hour sleep window - 20 minute naps - 1 year old - HELP  (Read 1044 times)

Offline MaryAnn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3hour sleep window - 20 minute naps - 1 year old - HELP
« on: October 25, 2005, 16:06:29 pm »
In the last month I just started using the PU/PD method for my son Nathan.  Was doing OK, not the greatest, but it was sort of working.  Biggest problem with this method for me is that my mother-in-law lives with us and I cannot have him crying during the night or it will disturb her (booh hoo) - so I normally pick him up and rock him until asleep.  Well now, he will sleep, but as soon as the motion of putting him down into his crib, he WAKES up!!!! :roll:   Any recommendations??????

Thanks from a tired MOM     :cry:

Offline kim&savannah

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
3hour sleep window - 20 minute naps - 1 year old - HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 00:38:19 am »
pu/pd never worked for us, but we did just gradually change, so at first we were rocking to sleep, then standing, swaying back and forth right next to the crib, then put in crib while still awake but with us patting or rubbing her back (you would probably have to pick him up a lot in the beginning to keep him from crying), and then slowly decreasing the length of time that I rubbed until I could leave with her stil awake (it took months :? ).  And I found that it was always easier to start new things at naps--then you have naptime and bedtime to try it out before the middle of the night--maybe you'll get lucky and not have to deal with the late night wake-ups.

Can you get your MIL earplugs?
~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11