Author Topic: Waking up every 1.5 hours and won't resettle  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Lola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
Re: Waking up every 1.5 hours and won't resettle
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 14:34:52 pm »
teezee-i just both advil, tylenol and tempra. neither/all have the same effect but maybe i will go back to tylenol at night to see if there is a difference. I don't think so for her tho bc i just started using advil last week bc it lasts 6-8 hrs. its actually not good ot use advil all the time anyways-something about affecting kidney or liver. 
any ideas about her schedule? does it look normal?
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline aidenmc

• Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 18:38:11 pm »
Hmmm.... about the Advil. I have been using it for my lo for teething because it lasts longer but last night he had a tummy ache and his reflux was acting up as well. He had the same problem the previous night or two which is strange because his reflux had been getting much better now that his new medicine is into his system. He was up twice last night from 9-10. Luckily he then slept till 5:00! I might try the Tylenol tonight if he needs anything.
Becky,
Mom to Kieran (10/15/2000); Aiden, (7/ 8/ 2005); and Samuel (7/10/2010)

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 20:07:16 pm »
lola - i would really hesitate to let your lo catch up on sleep esp the first nap of the day. this will only reinforce the early waking kwim? if anything let lo sleep longer for the pm nap - although i would personally opt for an earlier bedtime rather than extend any naps. how many bottles/day is your lo getting? at this age usually lo's transition to a longer nap + a catnap...usually the longer nap is in the pm, but it works for my lo to have it in the morning - so you may want to try and play around with that..as having the longer am nap rather than a longer pm nap could also contribute to early wakings...not just letting lo have any 'extra long' am nap..

really other than that hun - your routine looks very good as long as lo is getting a good 3-4 feedings a day..4 preferably - but i did cut out my lo's 4th feeding just about that age..but i wouldn't recommend doing it just yet with the sleep problems you are already having if you haven't cut it out as of yet.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Lola

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 12:43:58 pm »
lola - i would really hesitate to let your lo catch up on sleep esp the first nap of the day. this will only reinforce the early waking kwim? if anything let lo sleep longer for the pm nap - although i would personally opt for an earlier bedtime rather than extend any naps. how many bottles/day is your lo getting? 4 preferably - but i did cut out my lo's 4th feeding just about that age..
uhm ok...I will back off with the extra time in the am. If she will stay down for maybe 15 min longer in the pm I will be okay with that. I have been putting her down at 6:30 rather than her used-to-be 7pm. I worry tho that if she has a longer nap in the pm, she won't want to go to bed!

She takes only 3 bottles a day now. Spoke with Doc on Friday and she said that was okay. Sometimes she will take 3.5 bc i give her a bit extra when she wakes up after going down. I do this mostly bc she isn't eating as well right now. That said-last night she only woke up for 1/2 hour at 10:30 or so, so that is the best we have had in 3 weeks! She seems to be eating a bit more breakfast so maybe we are starting to get over this horrid hump!! KNOCK ON WOOD!!Thanks Tawnya!
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 14:31:08 pm »
wtg hun!! keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you need anything else..we are always here for support :) do remember with any change there at some point is almost always some sort of regression so don't be alarmed and just keep consistant with whatever you are doing :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005