Author Topic: Due in 2 weeks with another little one, first born not sleeping  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
I am at my wits end! My little one will be 3 in July, and we just cut out her daytime nap as we were having issues with her going to bed. ( taking and hour or longer for her to settle at night time). This has been dropped for about 2/3 weeks. Now she has been waking a few times in the night and wants me to lay down or sing her songs etc. I need to nip this in the butt before the other little one comes. I think it basically boils down to her being insecure and not being confident enough to sleep on her own so she feels like she needs me there so that she can. Any advice on how to rectify or I still confidence again in her sleeping without calling bout for me in the night all the time?

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Due in 2 weeks with another little one, first born not sleeping
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 14:14:30 pm »
It could be that she is not ready to drop the nap completely.  did you try just capping it at a shorter length first?  when mine first dropped their naps we still had quiet time in the afternoon.

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Due in 2 weeks with another little one, first born not sleeping
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 14:47:08 pm »
Yes sorry instead of napping we do quiet time as well. Some days if she wakes up super early like 5am... we put her down for a nap. It's kind of day by day. If she wakes after 6am we do no nap just quiet time and have her in bed asleep by 7am/7:30