Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four  (Read 58131 times)

Offline AshleyB

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2010, 20:06:51 pm »
She went up to 2T about a month ago. Shoes are a 7. It was such a bummer--all her winter boots are size 6, and there are no longer boots at stores like Target. It's all sandals! In January! We just got her some sneakers.

Oh, and about two hours after last night's huge dinner, she asked for a snack, then put away a cereal bar and an entire banana. I overheard my DH asking her if she had a hollow leg.
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline nelliestar

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • Growing Up
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2010, 15:51:53 pm »
This is a great thread! Love to know what others are doing food-wise.
Just realised that at 13 mths my DS is now classed as a toddler even though he is not officially toddling yet!! Scary..

Today so far
 B - Almost a whole banana - cheerios and warm milk - some of my toast and jam - water

L - My mum's homemade Shepherds Pie (veggies in it) and peas- a few of my crisps- strawberry yoghurt - shared my cupcake with me (I sound healthy don't I?!)- water

D - will be my homemade soup (Carrot,onion,garlic,potato,mushroom and red lentils) and bread - malt loaf - raisins and slices of apple

Supper - will be weetabix and warm milk

Nell xxx
Bram Robert Reilly Con Fitzsimmons...Born 22/12/08
Angel/textbook....now with added spirit!
Our Happy Little Monkey xxxxx

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2010, 17:31:20 pm »
Ashley-Someone just gave me a bunch of shoes in size 7....boots included....and DD is only a 5! Hoping they will fit next year, but a bit worried she'll spurt before then as she turns 2 in Aug. She is mostly in 18 mo...but wears some 24 mo/2t tops. I was considering buying her some stuff while it's on sale for next year but I'm scared I'll mis-judge and get the wrong size!

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2010, 19:26:14 pm »
Nicole-Ava's mom: I know exactly what you're talking about. I bought shoes last spring and completely misjudged the size/season combo. There's just know way of knowing when they will spurt. It made me not buy sale stuff this year, too!
Spirited/Textbook

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #289 on: January 28, 2010, 21:57:29 pm »
LOL at Chandler's hollow leg!!!

Today:

B:  Toast with jam (new fav!), babybel
S:  Big bowl of cereal
S:  Yogurts  (we were heading out)
L:  coffee shop with my sister...offered scone, not interested,  had a 1/2 fruit cup and a bite of a bun

D:  Sausages, 1/2 slice bread, some of my spaghetti bolonese, crackers and cream cheese

I'm with you on the sale stuff ladies!  I bought stuff last year and she's only going to be wearing them in spring and they are winter clothes.  So didn't bother with the sale stuff this year!

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2010, 12:34:06 pm »
I never know what to do about the snack request just after dinner time? J doesn't do it often but when he does I never really know what to do. J still has bedtime milk and I think I am perhaps still in baby mode by thinking that will do in half an hour?

He also seems to have taken to going into the kitchen and helping himself to a load of dry shreddies from the cupboard. I guess I need to stop that to keep a tabs on what he is eating, and to try and encourage better meals.

Yesterday Jacob ate
B 1/2 wheetabix (off the tray after unturning the bowl), loads of shreddies, toast
S Dried fruit bar, loads of mini chedder crackers, a few bites of banana
L Cheese spread sandwich, some bites of apple, fed the tomato soup to me and told me if had spilled everywhere - but didn't eat it  ::)
S Can't remember!
D Potato face, fish finger, few peas, yoghurt (that needs checking out as it smelt so sweet that it can't possibly have good things in it - Mum brought them)
S Rice cake, and 9oz milk before bed

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2010, 15:24:01 pm »
Liz--I don't have any problem with Chandler asking for a snack after dinner, IF she actually ate her dinner. I don't want her refusing her dinner, then asking for a cereal bar an hour later. However, if she's still hungry, I have no problem giving her more food.

Last night Chandler ate:
Breaded fish nuggets (Dr. Praeger's), sweet potato fries with ketchup, mixed veg (carrot, grean beans, corn, peas), tropical fruit chunks (papaya, mango, pineapple)

Later, she had a chocolate chip cookie and milk

Chandler discovered that she can bypass the fries and fish and just eat her ketchup with a spoon. She was very disappointed that I would not refill her dipping cup after she had eaten three spoonsfull of ketchup. [yuk]  It reminded me that when she was a baby, her favorite babyfood was pureed tomatoes and carrots. Maybe I should make her some more of that.
Spirited/Textbook

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2010, 17:13:52 pm »
LOL at the ketchup.  Maeve has recently started doing that too although she just scoops it off her plate with her fingers.  YUK! 

Liz..I have no problem with after dinner snack if she's asking so long as she's not refusing dinner.  If she hasn't eaten a lot overall in a day we tend to do toast or cereal before bed anyways as she doesn't take milk. 

Today:

B:  Toast and jam, babybel
S:  Offered grapes and strawberries at library.  Wasn't interested
S:  Big bowl cereal  ( was so whiny I am sure she was hungry as she perked right up after it)
L:   Yogurts, raisins, another babybel (bit of an obsession here at the minute).  Am sure i offered her something more substantial but can't remember

D:  Will be stew and bread roll

Offline nelliestar

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • Growing Up
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2010, 19:48:21 pm »
DS has had a cough and cold the last couple of days and today was SOOOO grumpy. Despite that he ate-

B - half a banana, half a weetabix and warm milk, few pieces of a choc chip brioche and some apple slices
S - breadsticks and ricecake
L - spaghetti bolognaise, piece of malt loaf, fromage frais
S - raisins
D - homemade soup, breadstick, organic carrot sticks, banana pieces
S - weetabix and warm milk
He also has a bottle first thing in the morning and bedtime.

Not bad for a poorly boy I suppose!

Nell xxx

Offline brenda2

• Showing Appreciation 227
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2010, 22:50:50 pm »
dd1 is 2 1/2...

B - one bite of banana, big bowl of yogurt, raisin toast with jam
snack - grapes
L - hotdog and ketchup ...did not eat the bun, carrots or broccoli (broccoli is usually a favorite)
snack - mandarin oranges, whole wheat rice crackers
D - 2 black olives...picked out of her pasta with veggies and cheese
1 animal cracker

2 cups of milk

not a good food day...she usually starts strong but dinner is hit and miss.  at least she willingly sat at the table!

Offline Rebecca247

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • I am two! My mummy cant get enough of me xx
« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2010, 23:25:48 pm »
We've had the worst few eating days so i'm not even going to post what he ate (or didnt eat)
Yesterday was THE WORST day, we had a treat day at the movies ( Max's first movie day) so he had a nice treat there and the day went downhill from there with food.
Today is lookin better so will post later

xxx

Bek

they have my heart, they are my everything xxxx

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2010, 18:52:09 pm »
We're having trouble with some meals the past few days. DH said she didn't want lunch on Thurs. I think it was...and also wasn't interested in much dinner (hadn't pooped all day-so may have been partly why). I think Friday was similar. Not so keen on lunch, picked at dinner but I got some man and cheese into her and a whole cup of milk so she was fine. She has been eating a lot of snacks though as she goes to storytimes now with DH or my mom and "steals" the other kids snacks...even though we pack her her own!!!! So that might be playing a part.

Today so far:

B: eggs, toast, and milk
S: fruit cup and yogurt

Hoping for a better than usual lunch.

Partly I also think she wants to get out of the chair and can't be bothered to sit still for long enough to eat. She is busy busy. I am trying out her booster seat rather than her highchair after she gets up from her nap for lunch. Maybe she'll feel more "big" and stay seated longer? Who knows.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2010, 19:16:09 pm »
Today so far:

B - cheerios & soy milk
S - rice krispie squares & water
L - 2 slices of bread (she picks out the insides and leaves the crust!) dipped in ketchup, oranges, soy milk

She gets very angry now when she sees we are eating things that are different than what she has, and due to allergies she can't have them, or I am waiting to feed them until she is older (like seafood, nuts) I feel so bad that she can understand that we are having something I won't give her, but on the other hand I can't really cut eggs,milk,seafood & nuts out of our diet either.
Heidi

Offline nelliestar

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • Growing Up
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2010, 20:39:03 pm »
DS had a day with Daddy today as i had to go on a course. They went to my Inlaws. This is what DH said he ate - don't know if i believe him!!

B - raisins and dried apricots, banana, weetabix and milk
No snack
L - Tuna and Veg bake, fromage frais, half an apple, rice cake
S - carrots sticks,half a biscuit, chocolate wafer
D - homemade soup, peanut butter sandwich,raisins and apple slices
S - apple porridge with honey and couple of breadsticks

Really happy with his eating at the mo - just an issue with not wanting to be in his high chair!!

Nell x

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2010, 23:45:41 pm »
Hope Max ended up eating well today Bek xx  And Miss Ava too Nicole xx

Wow Nell, you LO ate well today.  I laughed at you writing your DH went to his mums as you were out.  My DH always want to do that too (even if I'm only out a few hours).  Drives me mad as then his mum just runs round after my LO and he sits and watches TV with his dad!  But anyways...

Today: 

B:  Toast with jam (again!)
S:  Cereal
L:  Yogurts, crackers and cream cheese, sandwich
S:  Fruit pot
D:  Lentil veg bake, pasta with tomato sauce

Ate really well although not so interested in drinking water and i think the lack to fluids is making her a bit constipated.  Have to make an effort to encourage her to drink more tomorrow.