Author Topic: 15 month old sleep issues  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 20:06:39 pm »
DD started playing with her music box last night so that was taken away. I gave her a bottle with water - tonight will be the sippy cup.

Well done Honey...

She finally went down @ 230 & slept until 630.

After the NW  ??? How much night sleep did she get  ???

Good luck for tonight, rooting for you  :-*

x.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 22:04:31 pm »
Hello again Hun,

I have been asking me lovely fellow moderators to take a look over your thread and we all agree that routine could also be having a great effect and causing those NW.  At this age it is highly possible DD is ready for 1 nap already, and I know you said that she is on one 2 hour nap at nursery, so I think it could be time to start working towards this every day. Aside from the NW it should help her to settle much easier and earlier too. Some people go cold turkey onto 1 nap (I did with DS and he coped fine) but there are other routes. Here is a great link for you to look over:

From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)

x.

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
Re: 15 month old sleep issues
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 22:27:47 pm »
We did cold turkey to one nap also. I cut the first one right back to 30 minutes but she was still ew so one day I just went for it. 

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 00:34:12 am »
Also popping on to offer my support. I know it's so hard... I too get migraines from lack of sleep. Is your DH or anyone able to let you get a little sleep during the day while you work on this?

I'm also in agreement with cutting the daytime naps. As Sarah stated above, you could cut the morning one to 30min and do the afternoon from 1:30-3pm with a 7:30 BT. Or, as you know she can do one nap because of daycare, you could just go to one nap and let her sleep as long as she likes on days at home (up to 2.5-3hr if she's high sleep needs). The problem with the naps as you have them is if she's not tired enough to fall back to sleep when she wakes at night, no amount of sleep training is going to help her do that.

Here to hold your hand... I promise it will get better!

Offline heather8844

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 05:02:58 am »
She's doing pretty well tonight even with all the crazy people popping fireworks. No distractions seem to be helping.

She went to sleep in her crib... no falling asleep with daddy in the living room!!!!!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 05:40:07 am »
Yay!
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 08:19:13 am »
That's so great Hun :) well done! Any NW  ??? what do you think about the naps situation  ???

x.

Offline heather8844

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 18:30:23 pm »
Well she went down last night @ 8 pm. Slept through most of the fireworks but DH tried to help and when she woke up at 2 am (he woke up to the monitor first) and went in a picked her up and slept in the nursery with - even after I thought we were on the same page and agreed to a sleeping plan. Grrrrrrrr. So tonight I will try again.

We are trying naps in the crib today. How long should I try and get her to sleep in her crib? She is just laying down but is not going to sleep - even though I know it is nap time and that she is tired (rubbing eyes and yawning). I know i need to leave her in her crib but naptime is usually only 2 hrs and it has been taking me longer than that to get her to finally sleep at night. Should I just wait until she falls asleep and count 2 hrs from then or count the time I am trying to put her down as part of "nap time"?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 19:41:19 pm »
Once she is asleep I would count 2hrs from then unless it is getting so late that you fear it will interfere with BT. If the latter I would probably wake her after 1.5hrs because I'd still want her to have a restorative nap.
If she is lying in the cot awake but not crying I would just wait for her to fall asleep.   If she is crying and protesting and doesn't seem close to settling I would stop after 45 mins and take her out of the room for a break.  Keep the activity low key,  offer food or drink if she is hungry and then try again 20 mins later or so.
Others  may have a different approach of course.

It is a shame your husband reverted back to the old ways as that will likely confuse her but don't let it deter you from seeing it through tonight.

Hugs.  You can do it.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline katie80

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 00:12:54 am »
I'm sorry you're DH took matters into his own hands and co-slept, that's really frustrating after the progress you had made. (((Hugs))), hope you can be on the same page going forward.

If she is lying in the cot awake but not crying I would just wait for her to fall asleep.   If she is crying and protesting and doesn't seem close to settling I would stop after 45 mins and take her out of the room for a break.  Keep the activity low key,  offer food or drink if she is hungry and then try again 20 mins later or so.
Others  may have a different approach of course. 
I would do the same.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 09:17:31 am »
Good morning :)

How was last night   ???

Can I just clarify what you were asking about her nap...s please.

Are you shooting for 1 nap of 2 hours now  ???

When she is lying awake in the cot is that when trying for the above or when trying for 2 naps  ???

if shooting for one nap now, what time are you trying  ???

If sticking with 2 but cutting one back what is the plan  ???

Question time again  ;), hope last night was a good one!

(HUGS)

x.

Offline heather8844

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 11:35:00 am »
She actually only took one nap yesterday. I am shooting for that - only one longer nap per day. I started trying to put her down at 1130 which is what time she usually goes down at daycare. She did not settle until about 120pm and then slept unti 330 pm.

As.for last night - omg!!! AWESOME!!! I gave her a bottle and put her in her crib by 720.she fidgeted for about 15 mins but then fell asleep. No night wakings. In fact she is still sleeping as I type this ar 530am. I'm fact this morning it was one of my pet cats that woke me up. I cannot believe it!!!!  I'm scared to jinx it lol!!!

Thank you so much!!!!! Definitely going to keep workimg but last night was awesome!!!!!

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2015, 16:05:47 pm »
Yeah yeah yeah!!!! So happy for you Honey :)

Are you going to shoot for a later nap then, or try and stick with what nursery do  ???

What time would you like her ideal WU to be in the morning  ??? The nap time will depend on this  :)

Well done you!!!!  ;D

x.

Offline katie80

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 04:47:44 am »
Great news!! Keep up the good work! ;D

Offline heather8844

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 19:14:57 pm »
Ideal wake up would be 630 am.

Last night was okay. She had 3 wake ups. The first 2 she was up and then down within 20 mins. The 3rd was a little different - we had some really bad storms last night and she woke up to thunder and got pretty scared. It was only 1 hr before she was supposed to wake up so I just held her in her nursery until she woke up for the day. How should I handle things like storms especially that close to normal wake up time?

Also she is no longer even trying for a bottle or the sippy cup of water at night. Wow!!!!!