Author Topic: 5 months - drop dream feed?  (Read 994 times)

Offline myniemann

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 months - drop dream feed?
« on: January 19, 2007, 02:01:02 am »
My 5 month old is only drinking 2 ounces at her dream feed now.  Is it OK to cut it out?  If so, how would I do that?  I know you're supposed to add the ounces to her day feeds and go back 1/2 hour until you reach 7:30 p.m., but with only two ounces, I'll run out way before the 7:30 p.m. mark.  Any suggestions?

Offline Katie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 99
    • Franzone Family Blog
Re: 5 months - drop dream feed?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 03:02:43 am »
well i did cut some ounces out but i mainly did the time thing so it was 10pm then i tried 9.30pm for 3 nights then 9pm for 3 nights  in the end by about 9pm she just wasnt drinking anymore. i had 100mls in these bottles but she just wasnt interested... I did this at 6 months.

I guess as long as no night wakings start then your ok if night wakings start you will need to go back to the time that they slept through last time and work from there.

Hope that helps :)

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: 5 months - drop dream feed?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 21:18:45 pm »
Because your lo is only taking 2 oz of the dreamfeed, I would just start moving it back by about 1/2 an hour every few days until your lo is not interested in the DF.  That way you can hope that your lo will start taking the extra 2 oz in some of the daytime bottles.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline macdee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • At my christening in Ireland with Mummy
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 05:33:54 am »
I think my just over 4mth lo is heading that way too- she only takes about 3.5-3.5oz each dreamfeed and even if she does wake up, she'll only take another extra oz or so but even that's a bit of a stretch. However, I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to experiment letting her sleep without! During the day, she takes about 6-6.5oz per feed (on 4hr routine) and she seems pretty content w/ that.

I think that if your lo only takes 2oz for dreamfeed, there's no point adding the extra oz during the day feeds, unless of course she's hungry for more... By the way, what time do you give the df and what time does she sleep until?