Author Topic: eating enough?  (Read 677 times)

Offline lgliser

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:51:31 am »
I'm not sure if I should post this here or the BF-ing board.  I breastfeed my triplets during the day about every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs, and feed them bottles of expressed breast milk at night.  They are 3 months old, but born at 33 weeks so if you adjust their age, they would be just 6 wks.  I guess feeding questions pertain more to weight though (maybe??).  So they are each aproximately 10 lbs. and they taking bottles of about 4 oz during the night feedings.  Sometimes they don't even take a full bottle.  Obviously I don't know how much they are taking in when I BF them but they are gaining weight and having good diapers so I guess I shouldn't worry.  I guess I just feel like they should be taking more than this.  What do you think?
Laney

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: eating enough?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 13:39:30 pm »
My DS never took a full bottle during a night feed.  He would always just take enough to satisfy his hunger.

I say that if your lo's are gaining weight and having good diapers, then they are doing great.

You are doing a great job.

Paula
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Springbaby

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 22:21:15 pm »
I second Tom Tom's mum, if they have lots of wet diapers and are gaining well, sounds like you are doing a great job! Also, just wanted to say good for you for bfing triplets! That's amazing! Sounds like you re doing very well, congrats!