Author Topic: Throwing food on floor  (Read 880 times)

Offline arook

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 23, 2010, 03:10:19 am »
My 8mo has been on solids since 5.5 mo.  We did some purees, but from the beginning he wanted to self-feed so we've been doing BLW.  We went through some constipation issues where I backed off all foods and went to the "p" foods.  Problem was he only really wanted to eat pears which resulted  in him eating a lot of pears and now all he really wants is pears.  Anything else gets overlooked.  In the last two days he has started pushing things he doesn't want on the floor.  How should I respond?

Offline firsttimemummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
Re: Throwing food on floor
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 08:48:31 am »
I would try to ignore it as much as you can (easier said than done, I know) ... just put a little bit of food on the table at a time.  Could you do a mixture of puree and other food?  It's frustrating when they don't eat but children don't deliberately starve themselves ... DS is a great eater but his friend isn't as they find it really hard.  I find that the days DS is fussy I just try something else; often with teething he will only eat pureed OR solids (no pattern to it!!)
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline teilvnav

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 90
Re: Throwing food on floor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 17:40:07 pm »
Throwing food on the floor was a huge thing with us, and nothing I did helped. Thank God, he finally grew out of the phase and rarely does it now. Good luck!
Amy

Offline kitcat

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 18:50:40 pm »
We are also struggling with this. We play give to mom or dad games with toys and are introducing with her food as well. We watch her and when she is about to drop on floor we say give to mom or dad and most times this distracts her and she empties her tray on us instead.