Author Topic: Waking everynight!  (Read 911 times)

Offline jeepwillies

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 04, 2006, 17:44:02 pm »
My daughter Sienna is now just over one years old and was a pretty good sleeper until the last month.  We have been following Tracy's books the whole time and very satisfied with the results.  That women IS a genius and will be missed!

Sienna has started to wake every night on an hourly or half-hourly basis.  She is starting to go to sleep rather well, but an hour into her sleep last night (bed time at 6:30) she woke and needed me to help her back to sleep.  Then every hour after she would wake.  A few times she managed to get back to sleep on her own, but most of the time she did it on her own.  We checked the obvious, changed her, gave her some water, made sure her room was warm enough, but it just continued. 

At about 1 in the morning she woke again. I went in and gave her soother and she instantly went back to sleep.  The almost one minute later she woke again!  So this time when I went in I got her back to sleep but stayed for a while to watch her.  She was sleeping really restlessly and rubbing the back of her head allot???  Finally we gave Sienna some baby motrin incase she was sore from teething.

Are we missing something here?  She is a very happy girl all the time and never cried unless there is something genuinly wrong.  Mom and I worry about giving her Motrin or Tylenol too often and worry that it may be becoming a sleep aid.  At the same time if she is sore or whatever we want to give her what she needs.

Any ideas for lost and tired parents?

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: Waking everynight!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 21:42:18 pm »
Just wondering...is Sienna starting to walk.  When my daughter Claire first began cruisin she went through a rough week sleeping.  My ped said that they are using new muscles and sometimes get sore or have twitches from the new movement.  This could be the cause. 
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline Missy Lou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
Re: Waking everynight!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 01:33:39 am »
i'm going to move your post to the Sleeping for Toddlers board (I know - your LO can't be old enough to start posting on the Toddlers board).

they will have good advice like momofclaire.
melissa