Author Topic: Sleep regression at 4.5, any takers? x.  (Read 822 times)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« on: August 03, 2014, 07:23:11 am »
Hi  :)

Not sure if DS is too old for this forum, (sorry, feel free to move me elsewhere if so) but anyone had sleep regression at 4.5 years old  ??? I'm pretty sure DS has dropped from SN of 12 hours to 11.5. Shooting for down at 7.30 and up at 7, but frequently waking at 6 and not going back over. He doesn't seem particularly tired. Also sometimes waking in the night, usually he is a LO who sleeps through. He has a gro-clock which he is disregarding right now. BT is a PITB! He is doing anything to stay awake and using every excuse in the book (you know the ones our LO's got together and wrote  ;)) These things occur on all days, even the most strenuous ones.

Is it just a case of riding it out again  ??? I suspect it is, but any thoughts and BTDT appreciated. He has recently been suffering awful growing pains, he is very tall and his feet have grown by 1.5 sizes very quickly, although the pains seem to have stopped now.

TIA  :-*

x.

Offline HenaV

• Showing Appreciation 39
  • My shining light
Re: Sleep regression at 4.5, any takers? x.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 07:43:36 am »
Hey! 

I think my lovely your post might be better served in Kindergatren and Preschoolers but am just checking. It might be worth you checking in there though - I saw a couple of posts along similiar lines?

Hena

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 08:13:16 am »
Thank you Honey, do you want to move it, or leave it here for now  :-\  ??? I guess it goes to show how long it has been since I posted along these lines  ;)

x.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 08:25:09 am »
I think you may have to ride it out. My two are far harder to get down in the Summer time, particularly DD but she has always been lower sleep needs than DS. I would make bedtime 30/45 mins later and see if that helps.

The have a blackout blind in their room and I put one on the landing too to cut down the light as much as possible but it seems their body clocks run on a different time scale in the summer and they revert back in the Winter. At the moment although they are in bed all done to go to sleep by 8 she is often awake til 9 or even later some nights ::). DS wakes a bit earlier, he's usually awake by 7, some days he will sleep a bit later and she will sleep til 8, 8.30 on a really good day if she is left, but even if I wake her earlier she is ok with it.

It was the same last Summer when she had just turned 4, so I think this will be a pattern they repeat every Summer. By half term they were both back to being asleep by 7.30 last year so I'm hoping this will be the same, school does help to wear them out!

Laura

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:31:56 am »
Thank you Laura, you could be right there, he does seem to change in the Summer months! And he will seem surprised that it is BT. On the plus side, his mood does not seem to be affected any more, so he doesn't seem sleep deprived at all, and will catch up when needed. I think I will try for BT a little later and see if it helps.

Thank you.x.

Offline HenaV

• Showing Appreciation 39
  • My shining light
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 13:53:07 pm »
Given that you are getting responses, perhaps leave it here for now??? There is a post on the other board seemingly addressing the same issue donut might be worth checking it out for any more btdt experiences?

Great that it's been that long since you've had to post tho hey.... Pass on a bit of that magic ;)

H x

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 15:44:59 pm »
Great that it's been that long since you've had to post tho hey.... Pass on a bit of that magic

LOL, MAGIC! Now that would be handy. I think the older he gets the more I take things in my stride, because you do learn that it always passes 'eventually' lol. Having said that BT is my nemesis, my patience is NOT  at it's best.x.