Author Topic: Gah only re ST 2 wks ago and now we've hit 16mo ww and all gone out the window!  (Read 772 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
DD had gone back to being an IS the past couple of wks after ST again after her 13/14 mo leap and teething.

It's been fab, 2hr nap every day and 11hr nights with no NW and the latest wu's we've had in months.  Life was good... Until another ww comes along and throws everything completely off track  :'(

She completely loses the ability to ss every single time she's in a leap. Before I've always gone back to AP'ing and most times as soon as she was out of it she would go back to putting herself to sleep again. That didn't happen the last time round hence having to do wi/wo for a week.

So how do I play it this time round? She is usually in a leap for around 2 wks. I don't think I can face wi/wo for that long and it taking 1-2 hrs each night for her to collapse from exhaustion. Do I just do what's necessary and then st AGAIN once it's over knowing it'll only take a few days to fix it?

Also we'd been doing set nap/BT. Do I stick to those even with the earlier wu (from OT) and the fact it's taking so long to get her off?
Someone tell me there's a magic trick to deal with these leaps that I've completely missed until now?!  ;)
Lauren

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Haha! I wish I knew the magic trick! What type of ap had you used in the past? My DD3 quit responding to ap for the most part (holding her used to work) so I do a sort of combo of wi/wo with a bit of patting while I am in the room but keeping her in the crib.
Heidi

Offline lolsyb1982

Rocking used to be what worked. Not so quick or guaranteed to work anymore either. Last night I tried wi/wo and some rubbing her back but wasn't getting us anywhere so ended up picking her up and holding her. The NW's have started now too and again doesn't want to lay down in her cot and just holds up her arms to be held....

Lauren

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Would a more gw type of thng work? Sitting by her cot even, saying a sleepy phrase but otherwise not interacting? Or just ap as needed and redo st after the fact. I remember spending a couple of weeks during DD1 teething her first molars holding her or co sleeping for most nights and after it was done having to wi/wo all over again but it got easier to fix with every set back.
Heidi

Offline lolsyb1982

GW doesn't usually work (has a few times) as I'm normally a distraction to her and it takes longer.

Tonight she went off in 15 mins and I didn't have to go in once  :)
Am sure she'll wake in the night and no doubt end up in bed with me but I'll fix these things once leap has passed.
Lauren