Author Topic: Living with DH mother while renovating - sleep issues!!!  (Read 854 times)

Offline lj1977

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Living with DH mother while renovating - sleep issues!!!
« on: February 28, 2007, 02:43:10 am »
Hi there
we are living with DH mother and her partner for 4 weeks while the extension to our home is happening.  our DS who is 19 months old is having a mixed time adjusting. I am also 32 weeks preg so struggling big time!
The first day we were here DS slept 2 hour nap then all night til 5.50am we were so pleased! but since then he is napping 40-70 mins in the day total and taking too long to get to sleep - last night it was 1.5 hours. he is used to having 11 hours at night and 1.5-2 in the day but here he is getting 11 total.
i am concerned as i see the overtired cycle and not sure how it can be broken while he wont nap for a good length of time.

i am exhausted!!! i wonder if anyone has any tips for me??? i just miss home and cant wait to get back ther eto get him settled again - only then i guess to present to him his new little brother 2 weeks later!!!
thanks in advance...

One tired worn out mummy!!

Offline imsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
Re: Living with DH mother while renovating - sleep issues!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 17:01:44 pm »
I would try a super early bedtime to compensate for the short sleep and nap--like an hour earlier than his normal time.

Offline lj1977

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 23:01:29 pm »
hi there
we put him to bed a bit earlier last night and he woke t 5.30am today!!  oh dear....

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 02:11:19 am »
Moving to a new place can do that - I think maybe you should spend some time in his room (or the room where he is sleeping) to make it a little more comfortable for him. If possible, put some of his fav toys or things that are well known to him for some familiarity. I agree with the earlier bedtime to compensate for the missed or short naps. What time does he go to bed generally?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby