Author Topic: Toddlers' social life !  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 52
Toddlers' social life !
« on: February 20, 2007, 21:04:07 pm »
This is a question from DH: Our DS is a single child, who goes to nursery every day as I work full-time. He's sociable and confident, so so far I would say that the arrangement has turned out OK

We are miles away from immediate family. We are also both in our 40s with a 2 YO, whilst friends of our age tend to have older children

So DS is lacking in playmates of his age outside nursery. DH's question is: how does he compare with other LOs who may be in the same situation ? How can we widen his social circle when most toddlers' activities seem to be during the daytime ?

TIA

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Toddlers' social life !
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 02:42:02 am »
Personally I would think that he spends so much time with kids his own age every day at nursery, it's probably fine that he doesn't see them on the weekends.  I'm home with my dds and dd1 only sees other kids in a social setting for an hour or two a day (if that, some days she'll only see other kids in passing at the store), so he spends way more time with his peers than mine do.  He needs his mommy/daddy time on the weekends! :)

Offline Ami ~ 3 girls' mom

• Showing Appreciation 70
Re: Toddlers' social life !
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:36:35 am »
How can we widen his social circle when most toddlers' activities seem to be during the daytime ?

Adult time is good too.   :)

Offline esthere

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • all you need is hope trust and a little pixie dust
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 19:50:35 pm »
I too think its fine. i am at home with H, and we go to toddler group for two hours a week, then he sees his cousins once a week, and my friens lo every couple of weeks. He will start Montessori soon .