Author Topic: Bathtime  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Alibobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 91
Bathtime
« on: February 22, 2007, 20:49:07 pm »
I was bathing dd this morning, and just wondered about something.

Do you use soap?  ???

I always just wash her with the bubbles from her bubble bath. At what point do they need anything else? Like I said, it was just a thought this morning, so I'm not worrying about it. I just hadn't even considered it for some reason.  :-[

Alison, mum to

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: Bathtime
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 22:46:21 pm »
We use Halos and Horns baby body wash as its gentle and doesnt contain many of the nasty chemicals that some bath products and soaps contain.

To be honest our LOs dont really get all that dirty most days and dont sweat much so a freshen up is all thet they need on the majority of occasions so having them splosh about in the water and using the bath bubbles is just fine. Many of the baby baths and bath products for kids wash them as they play anyway.

I ensure that we wash Woos bum thoroughly but saying that its always clean as we use wipes at nappy changes.. so its just a precaution.

H xxxxxxxx

Offline xxkaty23xx

• Showing Appreciation 97
  • My gorgeous little Aiden!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 22:48:37 pm »
I use Johnson & Johnson baby wash with my two and have done since they were very small :)

Offline Alibobs

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 11:58:10 am »
So I'm just a dirty sos and so then?  ;)

When she was younger, her skin was so sensitive that we couldn't use anything on it, and even cotton wool would bring her out in a rash. The doctor advised use just to use plain water. I think it stems from then, really. She is a bit better now though, and we found some bubbles she could tolerate.

She has a bath every day and I do clean everywhere with the bubles and, like Helen said, give her nether regions a really good wash. I'm not that bad honest!   ;D Maybe we should go shopping to buy some body wash then eh? I don't know what to try though - the Johnson's products were the worst when she was a baby, so I daren't try them (sorry Katy  :-[ ) and I know she still can't tolerate E45 cos I tried the lotion last month (oops! - the poor girl was in agony). Is the Halo's and Horns available everywhere, or is it an own brand, Helen?

TIA
Alison, mum to

Offline xxkaty23xx

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 12:02:23 pm »
Are they really the worst ones?
I was advised in hospital to use johnsons bubble bath and body wash and talc and shampoo and baby lotion  :o b/c they were the kindest to skin apparently

Offline Alibobs

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 12:37:03 pm »
When we saw our Health Visitor about her skin, when she was a couple of weeks old, he said that loads of babies react to Johnson's, and to try something different. We tried a few different ones, which all left a rash, but not as bad as the Johnsons.I was told not to use talc at all because of the dust going onto her lungs ???. But maybe that was because dh and I both have asthma? It's amazing the differences in the advice that we get isn't it? It just proves that you've just got to go with your instinct and ignore the 'experts' doesn't it?  ;)

If you've been using it all this time though, I'm sure your boys are fine.  :)
Alison, mum to

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 12:42:23 pm »
Katy, although Johnsons claim to be the best the products contain petroleum derivatives and other chemicals which can sometimes be harsh on skin. I can't use Johnsons products on Woo because of his excema.. but your boys will be fine as long as they show no reaction to it.

Halos n Horns is all over the UK Alison, I get mine from Morrisons or Tescos.. here's the website...

http://www.halosnhorns.co.uk/

The products are great!

H xx

Offline Alibobs

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 13:01:25 pm »
Thanks Helen.  :)
Alison, mum to

Offline xxkaty23xx

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 17:41:10 pm »
Thanks for the info, my boys have as i said used it from birth and as we have no history of excema or asthma in any of my family so hopefully they are both fine and ive never noticed any funny rashes either. It might be useful info for the future though ;) Thanks xx