Author Topic: Still feeding every 2 hours!!  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Yummymel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:12:27 am »
My LO is EBF and has always fed every 2 hours since birth. She is now 4.5 months tho and still on a two hourly feeding schedule. She only ever feeds for about 5 mins but is content afterwards.

Bw seems to suggest she should be at least 4 hours between feeds by this age. How do I increase the distance between feeds/encourage her to feed longer to increase the time? Or is this fine and I should continue on her schedule?

Also she only naps for 30 mins at a time so looking at trying to start EASY which might be hard with only 2 hours between feeds! Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Still feeding every 2 hours!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:23:17 am »
Hi there!  Welcome to the boards!

The short answer to your question is that you would lengthen the time between your feeds very slowly, adding 15 minutes or so every few days.  Spend the first day really looking at your baby's cues, make sure she is genuinely hungry when you are feeding her and not just sleepy. 

The long answer to your question is contained in this post:
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=186622.0

Not sure if you've read it yet, but it contains some really useful information.  Have a read of it, and then let me know what sort of questions you have!