Author Topic: napping in pram  (Read 959 times)

Offline carmkaylasmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: March 15, 2006, 20:33:46 pm »
Was wondering if the quality of sleep in the pram is as good as in the cot? Are they as rested after a pram sleep as a cot one?
Anyone have any thoughts?

Offline carmkaylasmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:16:02 am »
it would  be if I can't get her to nap in the house, the alternative would be to go out for a walk.

Offline Emma1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:58:21 pm »
Since I moved DD to forward facing pram she won't nap - I think there is just far too much to look at!!   :o

You wouldn't think this were a problem apart from the pram being the only place she would sleep (along with her cot).    This makes daytime outings difficult as she gets very overtired.

Anyone else had this problem?  Do they get over it and fall asleep?!?
Mummy to Evelyn Daisy 11th October 2005

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: napping in pram
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 13:05:47 pm »
we used to go fo a walk everyday with Ryan at nap time as this was the only way to get him to sleep longer than 30 mins. i wasn't a bw member then and didn't know how to get around the short naps. i would go wind , rain or sun .after a few weeks i noticed a pattern that he would fall asleep at the same spot on our walk , so after a week more of this , i tried putting him in his cot at this time, and he napped in his cot from then on , and took long naps. this was probably coincidence but the walking to nap worked a treat for us , just to figure out a correct nap time. we chose a route with a bumpy road , guaranteed to fall asleep. also though Ryan refluxed bad at this age and as his pram was elevated this helped with the longer naps , he hated his cot elevated and i think he was finding it hard to stay asleep. sleeping in the pram with motion never came a bad habit for us.
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Harrisonsmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 17
Re: napping in pram
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 17:18:59 pm »
I just posted on earlier thread. Harrison has been sleeping in pram since he started playing up at about a year! ( Now 18 months). It started to really wind me up the jumping up and down, and screaming and crying that we were getting.

I would sometimes walk just round the block to get him off to sleep then leave him in the hallway until he woke up. I could pretty much guarantee when he would sleep..it worked a treat.

Now he goes in his pram, settles himself down and will sleep for a couple of hours no problem at all.

It was brilliant when I needed to extend his naps if he woke early for any reason, I could rock him back to sleep, or just take him out for the "second" part of his sleep if needed.

I can get him to nap in his cot if neccessary, but it is a struggle, and he doesn't sleep for any longer. I would have to do PD to get him to sleep in his cot on a regular basis - so that would be the pitfall.

I would also add, that this doesn't seem to have any bearing on how he settles at night. He goes to sleep on his own in his cot......