Author Topic: Won't sleep more than 45mins  (Read 781 times)

Offline graciesmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 16, 2006, 14:06:47 pm »
Hi there... we're having a few sleep issues - day and night, and have been showing a bit of progress at night largely with the help of this thread: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=55054.0

Daytime today has been utterly horrible. We have just moved to trying to get our daughter asleep in her cot during the day rather than in her stroller.... she will go down but will not sleep longer than 45 mins - and we have spent the next hour (in the morning and at lunchtime) with her in real distress and abosuletly not going back down.

We are doing pat/sshh and pu/pd but both are having no effect in the day, despite progressing at night.

Any thoughts?

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Won't sleep more than 45mins
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 23:35:39 pm »
Ok i have copied  over the routine that was usggested to you over from the other post you did. Glad to hear you are getting the night waking under control.

7:00 wake and  formula, or breast feed
7:30 solids and Activity
9:15 nap (we hope 1.5  hours )
11:00 formula or bf
11:30 solids and activity
1:00 nap (1.5-2 hours)
3:00 bf or formula
5:15-5:45 cat nap
6:30 bath etc
7:00 bottle then bedtime routine
7:30 bedtime
10:00 dream feed.

Waking after 45mins at this age can often mean she is being put down to early so isn't tired enough to sleep longer than 45mins. This sounds great have you started trying this routine yet? Have you though of trying Wake to Sleep to extend naps?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07