Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26  (Read 44041 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2014, 12:11:24 pm »
Yeah tomorrow I'd put a nap in at 10am and then she can always have a nap on the way back if she won't nap out and about?

That's good to know about the 3hr mark.  I think maybe if J hadn't been coughing then it may've been ok??
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2014, 12:16:32 pm »
No chance of napping when out and about with this one! She'll sleep on the way back and it'll be ok I think. Just worried I'll end up with a 45-minute nap in the am! Oh well, she'll probably wake earlier tomorrow with an EBT tonight anyway.

Re the coughing.. It might have been considering they're happy to go back to sleep again? I'd still be tempted to try and get back to the 4hrs though if that's what they were doing before when wu was early. Onwards and upwards eh?!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2014, 12:33:30 pm »
Just worried I'll end up with a 45-minute nap in the am! Oh well, she'll probably wake earlier tomorrow with an EBT tonight anyway.
Easy for me to say as these aren't my first (and I would've thought the same as you with ds1) BUT it won't matter for one day.  It shouldn't undo the stuff you've done. If she gets 45mins in the morning and 40ish in the pm then don't sweat it!!  Also we find that naps don't necessarily correlate with night sleep as ebt don't necessarily mean early wakes!  Good luck.

J up - he did about 1hr 10mins.
LAURA xx

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2014, 14:42:24 pm »
Medi's been ill the last couple of days, but we've settled on 30 mins at 9.30ish then 1.5 hr at 1:15ish. Bt 7 pm. 45 minutes was too much in the morning :o

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2014, 14:48:58 pm »
Hi everyone. How r u all doing?
Laura- I often find my lo gets tired at 3 hr mark on some days which is also often after his best nights sleep! Odd isn't it. I tend to just try and stick if out, although as I have decided to stick with short morning nap guess it does not matter too much.

Yesterday we had a group so did not get home till 4 hr after wake up. Just decided to put him down after a snack and hope for the best. He only did 1.5 hr which was a bit rubbish as could not get cn still!!

Tried for short nap today (40 mins) and longer pm but pm nap under 1 hr!! That was with 4 hr A aswell!
Just never seems to be consistent.

Shall I stay with 40 min first nap or go straight to half hr do u think?

How old is your lo Kelly?
Laura, what was your ds1 like with the straight change to 1 nap? Is he quite tolerant to OT or did it cause nw? Also how old was he? Just thinking of options for the future!! Just worried it would not give me a 2 hr nap but 1.5 like the other day x

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2014, 14:50:55 pm »
What time does medi wake Sarah?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2014, 15:49:42 pm »
1hr 10mins isn't too bad Laura.. Did you squeeze in a CN for them both this pm?

Gb18- I keep a ticker at the bottom of my posts to remind me! 10.5mo. How old is yours? Personally I'd chop that nap back to 30mins but I've never done the short am, long pm version. We were down to 15/20 mins CN in the pm. Today is our first intentional 1 nap day! So far, so good... She slept until 1.25pm so I think I'll try and get her down for 6.15pm. Problem is, she's pretty LSN and does best on 2hrs 15 ish DT sleep and 11hrs NT sleep and she's had nearly 2.5hrs DT sleep with that 1 nap!! If I put her down too early she'll be up and raring to go at 5am!

And Sarah.. 45mins was too much in the pm for O.. Seems if she gets a full sleep cycle in, she can go for hours  ::)

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2014, 17:47:08 pm »
Medi's an early bird - she wakes around 5:30 a lot of days. We get up at 6. It suits me fine actually bc we can walk the dog and do a few things before Enfys gets up at 7.

« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2014, 17:47:50 pm »
Nap times are pretty set no matter what time she wakes up.

Offline babybarr

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2014, 20:30:01 pm »
Well h slept 1.5 till 1.45pm so he didn't have another sleep but j had catnap in car. My boys were so grumpy after being woken at the 30mins mark I couldn't do it again.

Ds1 transitioned about 12mths never took a 2hr nap. His sleep is v up and down due to health issues so there was never a pattern. We dropped the nap cold turkey too. Tolerated it fine.
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2014, 05:44:21 am »
Just an update here after our first 1 nap day.... Only 1 v short NW that I had to resettle at 10.30pm otherwise not a peep until 6! Very surprised indeed!  :)

Such a shame we're out today really, might try again tomorrow though.

Offline babybarr

« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2014, 08:36:04 am »
Yay that's good!
We had a bit of a rough night - but I think it was mainly hunger as they had less milk yesterday due to disrupted routine.
Not entirely sure what'll happen today as the boys are with my mum and sil this morning.
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2014, 09:06:55 am »
Sorry you had a bad night. Hopefully they'll catch up on some sleep at your mums.

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2014, 14:22:50 pm »
Good news kellyjs re your 1 nap day! I was also out today so despite an amazing Lay in till 7.30 I thought I would squeeze a nap in before leaving at 11.15.

Do showed tired signs after just 2 hours today!!! Put him down at 2hr 45 min A and woke after 40 mins but he is still fighting 2nd nap after 4hr 15 min A! Think I need to bite the bullet and only let him have 30 mins in the morning.

What A would u suggest following the half hour nap? Lo seems to need a shorter first A then can tolerate longer in the middle of the day and I am unsure at the end. Sometimes long, sometimes short!!

My lo is 10.5 months by the way.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2014, 18:54:17 pm »
Oh that's a lovely lie in gb18!! Send some of that my way!

I would cap that 1st nap to 30 mins then try a 4hr 15mins A. Mine can quite happily do 4.5hrs on 30mins, but she might be an anomaly! (That was when I was trying the short am and long pm and it didn't work for us as she only napped 45 mins for the second one then was OT by BT) I rectified with a short 2.5-2.75 A before BT.

Could always try 4hrs and see how you go? How does your LO cope with OT? Mine has never done a 30 mins OT nap so I might not be the best one to give you advice.

Unfortunately for us DD napped in the car on the way home at 5.30 so is busy in her cot singing away to herself  ::)