Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26  (Read 44043 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2014, 19:07:36 pm »
Mine has never done a 30 mins OT nap
Mine don't either.  30mins is always ut here.

Mine slept 1hr 20mins around 10am and then J had 40mins at 2.10pm and H I woke after 55mins at 2.20pm.  J went down easily tonight at 6.35 - so about 3.5hrs after 40min nap and H stayed awake about 3.5hrs too.
LAURA xx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2014, 08:01:49 am »
Night not great - but both are full of cold.  J woke around 2am and took 1.5hrs to resettle and woke at 5.45am, H didn't wake till 4.15am settled about 5am and woke at 6.40am. 
How was everyone else's night?

It like my boys need less daysleep but can't yet do the longer A times.  I'm expecting to have to do two naps in the coming days if they're poorly...
LAURA xx

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2014, 10:17:11 am »

Could always try 4hrs and see how you go? How does your LO cope with OT? Mine has never done a 30 mins OT nap so I might not be the best one to give advice.

Think I will try your advice. Today we had a group in the morning and he was so tired after 3 hr A again! Think he was OT last night as could not settle until 7.45pm and only had 45 min nap in the pm.

He never gets really really cranky in the afternoon or BT if OT just gets a bit manic and can't settle. Hard to tell if UT ( due to later naps now due to longer A) or OT from 40 min nap.

He is ok with poor naps for 1 day - will sleep thro, but can't tolerate more than a day. Dreading nursery starting!!!!

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2014, 10:18:58 am »
Sorry, I obviously did not use the quote function properly as it did not highlight!! 😉

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2014, 10:51:57 am »
It does feel like it's one step forward two back sometimes with this transition doesn't it?! I'm sorry your boys have colds now Laura. Hope they get well soon. Maybe the shorter A times were happening because the cold was coming on?

Gb18 - what's your easy like now? Could be OT or UT when they don't settle for BT. Mine had a vv late cat nap in the car on the way home yesterday and didn't go off to sleep until 8pm! I tend to find she'll settle quite quickly if OT (but get NW) but plays around if UT. Still awake at 6.10 this  morning though  ::) was so hoping for a little lie in!

Hoeing she's not OT from the day out yesterday, but think she's ok as she managed to get to 11.15am for her first (or only) nap! We'll see what today brings.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2014, 13:11:04 pm »
Well a 2hr nap for us, waking up at 1.15pm. What does everyone think? One nap day again? Last time she did go for 2.5hrs though  ???

If 1 nap day... She did manage to go until 6.15pm for EBT last time as wu was at the same time

Thoughts?? TIA xx
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 14:09:08 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline babybarr

« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2014, 14:01:43 pm »
I'd shoot for 6.15 bt. I def think if that's the way you're going that's what you should do. Well we're def going backwards. Another 2nap day. If I could get them to do 4.5 a time OR a nice long nap that'd be great!
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2014, 14:08:22 pm »
Thanks Laura. Just think I need a little hand holding to make sure I'm doing the right thing!

I think once the boys get over their cold it should get better again. Mind you, you'd be gutted if they did a 4.5hr awake time then pulled a short nap... All that work stretching them! I think whilst you're wishing, might as well wish for both... Long A AND a nice long nap! Keeping everything crossed for you that they get better soon and you can get back on track xx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2014, 14:17:02 pm »
I think if we ever get the nice weather back it'll be easier cos I'll get out and hopefully distract them. Atm it's hard keeping them happy for that long!

Good luck!
LAURA xx

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2014, 14:53:05 pm »
Well today has been a nightmare!

Easy today
Wu 7
Nap 10.50-11.25 tired from 10 but out at group so pushed
Nap fell asleep in car 3.20 wokeon transfer and now refusing to sleep. Think OT as bit manic and if ok he will normally go back to sleep on transfer if had only a few mins sleep in the car. It is now 4pm nearly but no way can he only have half hour sleep all day!!!

Suggestions???? He does not respond to apop

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2014, 17:30:54 pm »
Sorry for the late reply gb18, only just seen your post. That's horrible for you. Is something else going on like teething? If wu was at 7, that's still a reasonable A. I wouldn't have expected a 30mins nap unless something was disturbing him like teeth.

It's too late now I suppose, but I would've gone for a VEBT of 5.45-6pm so he can hopefully catch up on sleep then you can start again tomorrow. What did you do in the end?

Mine doesn't respond to apop either.. btdt! I just short for an EBT and deal with any consequences (if any) the next day. She does usually tack on the sleep missed, does yours?

((Hugs))

Offline gb18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2014, 22:06:12 pm »
Hi. I woke him at half hour as wanted a better pm nap than yesterday!! Ha, the joke was on me!!
Ended up aiming for ebt but asleep by 6.40pm in the end. Hoping he is so knackered he will do at least 12 hrs. He has never tacked on more so doubt he would do more but u never know!!!

I think it was probably my fault today as went to a friends. Think he was OS as lots of playing so just got OT which he tends to do as soooo nosey and he can't switch off.

Tomorrow is another day! What does btdt mean by the way? Unsure of my abbreviations! Hope u had a good day.

Gonna try maybe 1/2 hr morning again tomorrow and see what happens. Depends on wu x

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2014, 06:50:42 am »
Good luck for today. Btdt is been there, done that!

Let us know how you get on xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2014, 11:58:44 am »
Grrrr, 1.5hr nap today after exactly the same A! Awake at 12.45, so might have to try for a short 15mins CN at 4. No holding out as we have visitors coming.

Time to increase the A first thing perhaps? Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated x

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2014, 07:49:39 am »
I'm thinking OT craziness has descended here. CN refused yesterday so went for EBT. She didn't fall asleep until 6.20pm. A couple of short NW but nothing too bad. This morning awake at 5.30am and has only made it to 7.45am before she wanted a nap. Personally I would've pushed her through, but we have visitors and a cranky bubba wasn't the best plan. She's still asleep now so I'm thinking something isn't right.

If she wakes around 9.15am, what on earth do I do for the rest of the day?! Help!! Xx