Author Topic: 10 month old multiple night wakings  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Lynn1302

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 17, 2013, 14:01:17 pm »
My 10 month old seemed to have started the 2-1 transition early, I sought help on the general sleep board in January which helped greatly then however the last week has been terrible.
he started to crawl about 3 weeks ago
Current easy

7:00. Wake up
10:30 nap capped to 30 mins
2/2:30 nap 2 hrs
8:00/8:30 bed

Over the last week every time he wakes from a nap he is upset. He will no longer settle at bedtime. General sleep board suggested over tiredness and to do early bedtime. However things have got worse.
Due to the bedtime upset we have taken to putting him in the car to get him to sleep he now wakes every hr after 12:00. extremely upset at every waking a few lead to 1-2 hr long wakings. again we are in a mess as we started taking him into our bed, over the last few nights I tried putting him down in his cot instead of driving but he just crawls around the cot starts to cry which escalates so we have put him in his pram which settles him and allows him to fall asleep on his own. Just don't know where to start, think he is overtired most of the day just not sure where to change routine. Think I am going to also have to try pd due to bedtime issues also. He is teething but is medicated at bedtime. Can anyone help me get back on track.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 10 month old multiple night wakings
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 11:10:41 am »
Medicated at bedtime... With what? At what time do the meds wear off? Just thinking he's sleeping til they wear off if paracetamol and then waking, so another dose may help.

Maybe try cutting your day back a bit like this:
7 wake
10 nap, 30 min
1:30 nap, up to 2hr
4hr A time
Bed, around 7:30.

Offline Lynn1302

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 16:46:00 pm »
Thanks had been using nurofen and paracetamol alternately. Managed successful PD last night it took an hr but he went to sleep in his cot on his own. Will try ur suggestion thanks. It's been a poor nap day one of 45mins then afternoon only slept for 10 mins and wouldn't resettle so last woke at 2:50 going for a 6:30 bed. Hopefully tomorrow goes better .

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 10 month old multiple night wakings
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 20:33:01 pm »
How are you going? Sorry I've been MIA a bit lately with a house move.

Offline Lynn1302

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 22:11:28 pm »
Much better thank you.He is sleeping through again 7:30 til 6:30/6:45. Had a 2hr NW last night but think this was teething pain. So easy is just about what you suggested.
Thanks for the advice