Author Topic: Help me with night time EASY, DF and cluster feeds with a 5 day old..  (Read 6329 times)

Offline Mackjack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Help me with night time EASY, DF and cluster feeds with a 5 day old..
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2014, 09:49:23 am »
Again last night. He slept 7-11 (not quite as long a stretch as the past couple of nights but he'd pooed which I think woke him). I fed him, he went to sleep fine and then woke again at 3.15. I fed him then and after this feed he lay in his cot doing the same thing  - grunting really hard, squirming and straining. This went on til about 6am when he finally started to let out the odd loud hard cry. We then picked him up and tried to comfort him when he continued to grunt/squirm etc and occasionally cry and then I fed him at 7am - and he was a little bit sick after this feed, not sure if that's relevant.

It seems to be if he feeds in the early hours of the morning, this grunting/squirming/crying thing happens and goes on for hours - it's doing my head in!!!

Offline Julia88

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2014, 13:59:36 pm »
Hello,

Your story sounds very much like my DD1:s (now 22 months) and my DD2 (currently 2 weeks old) shows the same tendencies.. I know how frustrating it is!

I also have a very quick let down - feeds only take around 5-8 minutes. I can hear the baby gulp down air during the feed. Also the baby often falls asleep on the breast after this quick feed - I think it's an oxytosin induced coma..

What I do:
- Pump out the worst pressure from the breast just before a feed- not too much not to get more overproduction.. -> Feeds last longer, baby seems more awake.
- I burp baby mid feed and after the feed.
- During each nappy change (during night only if she seems to have air) I place DD with her back against my tummy and hold her in a sitting position by her legs above the toilet - pooing position - and most times she poos or passes air..
- I have eliminated dairy, rye and coffee from my diet.

I think these things or some of them have worked - at least a little.. Anyway good luck and I AP - pram rides, baby sling etc if she seems very unsettled..

Offline Mackjack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 11:23:36 am »
Just a quick update. For now these 'discomfort' wake ups seem to have stopped. He is on Ranitidine for reflux (as I was really struggling to get the Gaviscon into him as he hates taking a bottle) and although it's only day 2 it seems to be having an effect.

I'm having other issues with his routine so will start a new post....