Author Topic: Holding through the jolts  (Read 1937 times)

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Holding through the jolts
« on: January 18, 2015, 02:11:38 am »
Hey guys!! I've had some really amazing help from a couple of nice ladies on here regarding my 5.5 month old daughters short naps. (Since around 4.5 months) I upper her waketime as I think that was a contributing problem and it slowly seems to be working even though it's hard convincing her that she's not 'that' tired haha. I noticed that at the 40 or so minute mark her legs would shoot up and completely wake her up so I gave HTTJ a go for her morning nap and it worked and she slept 1.5hrs without completely waking up like she usually does. I would of thought that her jolts would of stopped by now ? And wondering why all of a sudden are they waking her up ? We stopped swaddling at around 12 weeks but she continued to nap well for a month or so after that.

How long can I expect to have to do this ? Or is it just a developmental thing going on that should end soon ? Also why don't the jolts wake them at night ?!!

Offline Frankiefrankiefrankie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Holding through the jolts
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:14:59 am »
This happened to my daughter during naps as well.. She grow out of it within time.... I was worried and quid it with a midwife that told me that it is developmental and not a concern.... Sure enough it wasn't....

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 23:56:11 pm »
Aren't short naps lousy? What A time are you working with right now?

Maryn

[/url]

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 21:04:13 pm »
Sure are !! About 2.15-2.30 at the moment. Trying to push her out slowly cause she was getting so overtired !! Since I've been pushing her A time her EMWs have gotten better ! She slept 6:30-5.30 straight last night, then back down for another 1.5hrs (as opposed to up at 2.30 then 6!! Then up for the day !!!)

She'll be 6 months at the end of the month so aim to have her WTs up to 2.45 by then. She's been getting a bit better at her morning nap. Will sleep 2hrs15mins, waking at the first 40 min mark then going back to sleep. But I've been holding her. It doesn't always work as she sometimes completely wakes up !! (Not sure if I'm doing it right)

Have you been doing anything to extend your LOs naps ?

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 16:30:06 pm »
How are things going? A times sound good, I would give them several days to settle in and maybe have the last 20 minutes or so quite mellow. Have you seen this?
How to address habitual wakings (w2s and other methods)

Maryn

[/url]

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 00:16:47 am »
Not so good. It's not really working. I've tried WTS and it only sometimes works. She's hsving a horrible day today ! Woke at 5.30 and wouldn't go back down and have had 2 35 min naps since then 😩😩😩 I see there's a regression around 6 months and a growth spurt and a wonder week right now !! 😳 I'm tired !!!