Author Topic: 3 yr old Night waking..OT? Needs a nap?  (Read 886 times)

Offline Khadija

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 yr old Night waking..OT? Needs a nap?
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:28:57 am »
Hi new to posting but not new to the forum. Been on here plenty of time since my daughter was born for advice...keep it up! Helped me a lot.  ;D

DD about 3-4 months ago started refusing her naps, but then couldn't handle waiting for BT and would be OT and have long awake times in the middle of the night so i started forcing to her sleep. (Sitting with her etc.) but then her BT started getting really late and i tried cutting her nap shorter. But she was soo unhappy we decided to cut the nap out completely. This was about 3 days ago. I cut the day down to 11 hrs and the first night went well. 1 night waking but no crying...just playing for a while. Second day same thing. Now the third night she woke up. But then just couldn't sleep for about 3 hrs. Kept moaning and crying. I tried everything. I even rocked her in the chair for 15mins. But nothing helped. Then finally she fell asleep by herself. Because of that today she was really tired and fell asleep during 'quiet' time at about 12:30-1pm. I did BT 6.30 as usual but she woke up again for over 2 hours at around 11pm.

Currently she is doing:
WU 7.30am
BT 6.30pm

What shall i do? Earlier bedtime? Force naps again?

Offline HenaV

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • My shining light
Re: 3 yr old Night waking..OT? Needs a nap?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:12:51 am »
Hi not btdt but just wondering given your LOs age whether it's a developmental thing causing the NW?

What time is she tired by and ready to sleep?

Hena

Offline Khadija

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 10:31:38 am »
It really depends on what she did that today...but i'll say maybe an hour before she starts getting realy tired

Offline HenaV

• My shining light
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 17:06:34 pm »
Sorry, I'll need you to clarify, an hour before what?

What kind of time? Can she go the whole day - is it a case of trying perhaps to get a CN in or EBT?

H

Offline Khadija

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 20:07:21 pm »
Sorry that was meant to be at abt 6.30. With a CN the problem was she needed atleast 8hrs after her nap for BT and she wouldn't nap until 1.30 earliest. Which meant BT was at 10.30pm. Which is why i cut the nap out. Her BT got too late

Offline HenaV

• My shining light
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 20:28:00 pm »
So if a shorter day of 11h is working - do you think she could be UT and it's worth extending her day?

Like I say but btdt yet but I guess these are the Qs I'd be asking my self in the same situation

H