Author Topic: Please Help!!  (Read 986 times)

Offline haylers

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:11:53 am »
dS IS 4 months old and was on 4hr easy, it was going great he was taking 4 8oz bottles per day and bed time between 7.30 - 8 and sttn to 6.30- 7. Last week temperatures went up by 10c he also took thrush and had a slight cough, thats cleared up now but past 3 nights have been a disater last night he went to bed at 8 went over great without dummy but woke at 11.30 took 7 oz then woke again at 3.30 took another 4 oz but wouldn't go back to sleep wasnt fussing just chatting to himself i tried leaving him for ten mins went in picked him up and straight away went to sleep as soon as put him down he woke, he has never been rocked to sleep or allowed to fall asleep in my arms. He continued to chat to 5am when i gave him dummy he slept from 5.30 to 6 when i picked him up and brought him to my bed he slept to 8, i cant understand his wakings, he takes fairly good naps normally 2 1hr 30 naps and one catnap, he is very happy during the day  ;D which is great, i understand i have been extremly lucky up until now just wondering if there anything that's making him want to party at night ???

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Please Help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:44:50 am »
I wonder if this is the enormous 4 month growth spurt?

Do you mind writing out your EASY like this:
7 - E
7:15 - A
9 - S
11 - E

Have your days changed with the night wakings?

Offline haylers

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:07:39 am »
yes day's changing slightly depending on what time he wakes at  but i'm trying to keep the structure of the day as normal yesterday was
 awake 7am
E 7.30 7OZ
A8- 8.45
S 9 (woke at 10) went back over from 10.30-11.30
E11.30 7oz
A 12- 1.15
S 1.30- 3.30
E 3.30 6oz
A 4 out walking didnt show any signs of being sleep until six then dozed off
s 6- 6.30
bath massage and ready for bed
E 7.30 7 oz then bed  went over very quickly at 8
woke again at 11.30 so fed him took another 7oz went over very quickly
then A again 3.30 left him for a bit to see if he'd settle then he took another 4oz  at this time he is wide awake smiling chatting away finally back to sleep with dummy at 5.30 to 6 then
Today so far
E awake and feeding 8 am
A in walky ( he hates sitting /lying down) and play time with me until 9.40
S 9.45 - 10.45 is still awake now eating his fingers and clothes

Offline becj86

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:30:35 am »
Ok, that first nap is shrinking to 1hr and he's having a long happy night waking in the early hours of the morning (both signs of undertiredness) - I think he may need just a touch (5-10mins) more A time first thing in the morning and that should sort things for you. I'd say keep feeding him when he wakes for the moment, its not unusual for LO's to eat twice during the night at this age and there is an enormous growth spurt around this time, so that could explain it.

Offline haylers

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 09:24:25 am »
Thank you i had thought it was possibly undertirdness too, tried increase on a time yesterday morning and he had a two hour nap last night was much better woke at 12 for little chat then went over again fussed at three then slept till b  ;D ;D, is the midnight chats still a sign of undertired?

Offline becj86

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 09:33:22 am »
is the midnight chats still a sign of undertired?
Yes, but give it a few days in the new A time before you push any further. It takes a few days to get used to it.

Offline haylers

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 08:42:03 am »
Just wanted to say thank you pushed the A time still had few 45 min naps this past few days but his nights have improved past few nights he's been asleep from 8.30 and stired at 6.15 then dozed on and of till 8 actually had to wake him this morning  ;D ;D, also think he def had a growth spurt he took 4 9oz bottles yest, and seems sooo much more aware of everything round him never stopped laughing yest xx

Offline becj86

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 09:30:52 am »
Glad things are better :) Enjoy!