Author Topic: nothing soothing my LO to sleep  (Read 1850 times)

Offline BeeGuiles

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 14:15:08 pm »
I do have a baby carrier, I sometimes take him out in, it's been very cold and rainy lately tho so haven't been able to use it much and it hurts my back after a little while of wearing it  :-\ I don't really have anyone around to help much during the day until my hubby gets home from work in the evenings so I just have to tough out the day alone pretty much and go with the flow. Last night was another episode before bed. He managed to takea 1.5 hour morning nap, then two short afternoon naps then an hour early evening nap and he still had a meltdown before bed. I got him to bed then he woke up 5 mins later ready to stay awake of course and then he crashed and burned bc he really was OT... Didn't get to bed til aroun 9:30 or 10 and only got about 8 hours of sleep so today should be fun....

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: nothing soothing my LO to sleep
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 20:23:14 pm »
You could try the Happiest Baby on the Block technique.  It's intended to be used on babies 3 months and under but I'd say it's worth a shot. Harvey Karp's philosophy is very much in line with Tracy's, he just provides a slightly different calming motion.  We used on DS1 from 2-4 months because he would wake up 30-45 mins in at bed time and it drove us NUTS!!  When we used HBOTB, it was way easier to keep him asleep.  You can buy the book but the DVD is better.  You might even be able to find it on Youtube.

Offline BeeGuiles

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 20:43:44 pm »
I actually do have that book. I can try a little harder to implement his techniques and see how it goes. I'll have to look through the book again. I do know that swaddling doesn't help my LO, he gets so angry bc he just has to have him arms free, but we do use a LOUD white noise app and I bounce and rock him at the same time ad give him the pacifier, if he is having a really big meltdown from OT then none of this works and we simply have to hold him while he has a fit and wait for him to get it out of his system and then I cradle him in my arms and rock/bounce/hum/white noise and he drifts to sleep. My LO is just a strong willed little one I think lol