Author Topic: Its a game  (Read 597 times)

Offline suca

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • ~Suz~
Its a game
« on: January 13, 2007, 20:05:09 pm »
Moving DS into a bed has not been very easy..once asleep he does sleep well but its getting him to sleep!!

He keeps getting out of the bed, I have been returning him to it and every night.  This can last for anything from 15 minutes to over an hour.  He is treating it like a game, its like in his little mind thats what we do at night time part of his routine.

Any suggestions?

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Its a game
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 21:38:08 pm »
What do you do when you take him back?  Ewan only did it a few times and the first two times he got out of bed we would take him back and tell him that it was time for nap or sleep.  After that we only walked him back and didnt talk or interact with him at all.

I know that some people have had success with rewards as well.  Like stickers or gummy vitamins.

Offline mkoontz

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 23:23:24 pm »
Yeah, I'd say make sure you don't interact much, if at all when taking him back to bed.  Just lead him there and go.

Offline suca

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • ~Suz~
Re: Its a game
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 13:12:05 pm »
We really dont interact much..just take him back and every 2 or 3 times tell him its bed time.  HAd to actually pick him up and put him back cause otherwise he runs back into his bed which he thinks is funny.  Think will probably try reward chart and see how that goes