Author Topic: Questions about 19 month old's routine  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Questions about 19 month old's routine
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 19:12:13 pm »
I agree with the above - I know if I cut DD's nap to 1.5 hours she'd still never sleep 12 hours at night (11 is pretty much her max - once in a really blue moon 11.5) and just be overtired and cranky all afternoon. A happy medium for us seems to be 2-2.5 hour nap and 10.5-11 at night.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 19:16:57 pm »
Quote (selected)
I know if I cut DD's nap to 1.5 hours she'd still never sleep 12 hours at night

This is what I would be afraid of!!!  ::) ::)

From other threads, I see that Marisa wakes around 7 in the morning and you put her down around 8:30PM right?  So instead of putting Tyler to bed at 7:30PM we should be pushing it a little later.... 
Judy

andibig

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 19:23:41 pm »
judy
well horrendous afternoon for us :'( :'(.in all fairness to Sasha she had her MMR jab today.started crying the minute she saw the needle and thats b4 it was even in her leg.anyways she was mega tired and was in bed asleep by 7pm :-\ .
i think i'm going to keep her nap to 2.5hrs for the time being and put up with shorter nights.we've battled with NWs for the past 2 mths now due to illness and are only now getting back on track.if it means a slightly later bedtime so be it.
god i'm really sounding negative :'( and hijacking your thread!!LOL
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 19:30:34 pm by Sashas mummy »

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 19:25:05 pm »
Hijack anytime Andrea!!  Our lo's are almost identical anyways!!  ;D

Sorry about the stinky shot.  Hope she does better tomorrow.  Poor little peanut!

Judy

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 19:28:13 pm »
Ugh, I HATE immunizations. Marisa has two tomorrow evening and they always throw her way out of whack and she often gets sick after them - GRR.

Judy - the last 3 mornings, Marisa has woken at 7:15 give or take 5 minutes - and that's with varying bedtimes between 8:15-9. Today she woke at 7:15 and napped from 12:25-2:30 so I'll probably try bedtime 8:15, she may fight until 8:30, but we'll see. She's MUCH better/happier after a 2 hour nap or little more - 1.5 makes for a rough afternoon/night.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 19:31:59 pm »
Quote (selected)
She's MUCH better/happier after a 2 hour nap or little more - 1.5 makes for a rough afternoon/night.

Same here!!

Good luck with the shots Karen!  Actually, good luck Marisa!  ;)
Judy

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 19:33:12 pm »
Thanks Judy - we'll need it - ugh.

BTW - of course I like the later mornings but also really like the later bedtime too (although I prefer not past 8:30) as we all have more family time in the evening and the family dinners (we're eating together now around 6:30) seem to be helping Marisa eat a little better...

andibig

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 19:41:32 pm »
Karen
totally agree about the 1.5hr nap.if i limited sasha to a short nap i think both of us would be climbing the walls by bedtime LOL
Sasha said to say to Marisa (honestly she shouted it over her baby moniter) the nasty nurse puts a sharp pointy thing in your leg which hurts but you get a sweetie and a sticker afterwards.big dribbly kiss from Sasha
judy
are you going to try a later bedtime?if he seems happy at the moment with slightly less night sleep?b4 the transition was he ever a 12hr night guy?

Offline **Clare**

• Showing Appreciation 134
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 19:49:04 pm »
I have found lately, which is really bizare that if I put H to bed after 8 o clock he wakes in the early hours of the night very unsettled sometimes 2 or 3 times.... all through the xmas period he was having naps at silly times and going to bed sometimes very late.  Since Saturday we have got him back into his usual routine and he has been in bed asleep no later than half 7 and has slept all the way through, actually the last few days we've had to wake him at half 7 to get ready for nursery! Its really strange, I would have thought the later they go to bed the longer they would sleep and the better they would sleep for being so tired!!  Obviously not the case with my little lad!!

So glad we've cracked it though, the night wakings were really getting to me!!  :P

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 20:09:07 pm »
Im just saying what kelly found, dont hate the messenger!
Never :-*
So i think our problem was the long naps of 2.5 sometimes 3hrs.
I think i will have to limit her nap to 2hrs which is what she does average and 11.5hrs.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 20:49:29 pm »
So I let him sleep 3 hours for his nap today.   :o :o

We'll see what happens tonight and the morning.  If he stays up playing again, and then wakes up early...then I will know FOR SURE that it is the long nap messing things up. 
Judy

andibig

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 21:14:30 pm »
wow 3 hours :o :o :o :o
what time are you going to put him to bed??

andibig

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 21:23:11 pm »
is it too much to ask for her to do this all night ;)

binxyboo

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 21:29:00 pm »
Riley is 17 months, he is starting to do better on a 1.5 hour nap....

Offline Jujuyanni

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 02:24:02 am »
Hi Ladies,

O so pleased we have this website!  Reading your posts my DD is also 19 months and has been down to 1 sleep for 8 months, no problem going down in day or night, except for the occasional cutting teeth day.  About 2 weeks ago she started to cut teeth, not just a molar but an eye tooth as well and since then will not let me leave the room at night.  (Day Sleeps fine, and yes holidays with visitors havent helped). 

I am currently trying the gradual withdrawal method...but one thing that I thought may be of use is that whenever my daughter teeths (and she doesnt cope with it at all well) all sleeps shorten, early wakes and shorter day sleeps.  Once the teeth are sorted everything seems to settle.  I still however have a leave the room problem and I think another tooth is on the move.

One other thought, since all our toddlers seem to be the same age, everyone has told me the EYE teeth are the worse, I just wonder if they struggle to sleep more because of this, could this be a typical time for the eye teeth to cut? 

My LO will play when I am in the room and is quite happy, will just about go to sleep and then bounces back again. This used to be typically teeth for her???!!!  But would be grateful if any of you have thoughts on this!