Author Topic: Getting 9 month old to sleep  (Read 706 times)

Offline Courtney S

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • 10 months 1 week
« on: February 21, 2007, 20:13:06 pm »
Hi,
New to this site and the Baby Whisperer book.  I am wondering if anyone else felt like they were too late starting this with a 9 month old.  I have been trying to hold and comfort/ lay her back down at nap time and at bedtime, and the time is not decreasing.  It is only increasing and she is getting more angry each time I lay her back down.  I also feel bad because she is climbing up to a standing position but once she gets really exhausted, she falls and bumps her head over and over.  She is a firecracker!
Here is her daily schedule which seems great other than getting her to go to sleep.My times are all apprx. as she wakes up sometime between 6-7.
6:25 wake
6:30 formula
6:45 Play
7:30 Breakfast cereal usually
8:00ish Play
9:30 Bottle/Nap (takes till 10:15 to get her to sleep)
11:00 Wake-Play
12:00 Lunch
1:00 Bottle
1:30 Nap
3:30 Wake
4:00 bottle
5:00 Dinner
6:30 Bath
7:00 Bottle and Bed by 7:20

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 20:27:40 pm by danielgu1 »

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: Getting 9 month old to sleep
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 13:15:46 pm »
hi

is it only in the morning that you have problems with putting her down for a nap?
if so, maybe you're just putting her down to soon and it would be better if she stayed up for another 10 or 15 minutes? or.... on the contrary- maybe it's because she's overtired and therefore hard to be put down?

sometimes playing 10 or 15 minutes with their nap/bedtimes gives great results.

apart from that first nap your routine looks great. good job :)
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline JakesMom070606

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 22:48:54 pm »
Hi!  Yes!!!  I feel the SAME way!!!  We had EASY schedule going when my son was 1mo-4mo and then when I went back to work it all fell apart.  He no longer sleeps if you put him down awake, along with other problems that we've allowed to creep in.  But I just wanted to say that it sounds like you are doing a great job!  I know how difficult it is when baby won't go to sleep.  My son is 7 1/2 months.  He'll sleep in a heartbeat if I nurse him or walk/rock him (or let him sleep on/next to me, which I admit I've done numerous times in my sleepy over-worked state!)  It's so tempting to just go along with it because the other way is miserable... but that's why I am where I'm at right now.  (He wakes with every new sleep cycle because he's forgotten how to self-soothe himself to sleep).  Keep it up, and I'm totally new here but it sounds like there are a ton of people to help, so hang in there and I'm sure it will get easier. 
-Megan