Author Topic: DOES IT REALLY WORK ? HELP please  (Read 1085 times)

Offline owens3116

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 25, 2007, 19:35:06 pm »
Hi all

just brought this book today and ive got a few questions if thats ok with the cluster feeds at 6pm and 8pm tonight i fed her at 6.00 then bathed her by7.00 put her down and shes still not asleep should i still feed at 8.00 ?
also the 10/11 dream feed what time should i do this and will she wake twice in night or once ?
Shes 2 weeks at 7lb 10oz
This is my first baby and everything seems soooooooo confusing please help any advice would be appricated
thankyou
lisa  ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 20:16:30 pm by owens3116 »

Offline suzie767

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 19:45:32 pm »
hio wens 3116, she will probably have 2 feeds in the night until she is 6-8 weeks where she may drop to one but it depends very much on your baby, some still need 2 feeds until 3 months or more. it is ok to cluster feed at these times however tracy advises not to cluster feed after 8 weeks and you will find your baby wont need it.

Easy does work ( i have a 12 week ds who has been on it since birth) you will still come upon problems and every day wont be EXACTLY the same but it really does make life so much easier to have a good routine and you and your baby will be a lot happier with it.

it is really confusing at first but after a few weeks you will start to understand what your babies cries and cues mean which will make it easier for you to meet her needs.

if you have any more questions please ask, chances are i will have over come these problems in the last few weeks myself.

hope this helps

:)

Offline owens3116

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 19:48:59 pm »
i was always told by everyone to bathe then feed but in this book it says feed then bathe ? does it make a diffrence ? also if i drop the cluster feeds what time should i feed after the 4pm one should it be 7.00pm ? 3 hrs sorry to be a novice

Offline suzie767

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 19:59:36 pm »
its ok- i remember how confused i was at first ( still am if im honest) . bw advise is to eat then activity before sleep however she says it is ok to activity then feed before bedtime ( ie its ok to bath then feed before bed) as a lot of babies get very revved up by a bath and a last feed helps wind them down for the night. my lo has a bath then a bottle and this helps him alot

i feed my lo at 4pm then 7pm then df at 11.00pm. it advises in the book to feed them in their sleep in their cot but when i tried this my lo puked every where. what i do now is take him out of his cot and feed him normally and he doesnt really wake up.

hopefully your lo wont puke tho   x

Offline owens3116

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 19:59:53 pm »
Also jst one more question if she doenst wake twice in the night i dont wake her do i ? but i DO wake her in day every 3 hrs if shes still asleep at 7am do iwake her for her feed ?

Offline owens3116

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 20:02:14 pm »
So you dont do cluster feed with yours ? i must admit ive tryed cluster feeds b4 and they never really gone down well so i was thinking of feeding her at bath her feed her at 7pm then jst feed again at 10.00pm
Cos ive only been feeding her every 4 hrs but i now realise she needs every 3

Offline suzie767

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 20:20:01 pm »
to be honest i never did cluster feeding- the one time i tried it he just refused to take one of them as he wasnt hungry but it does help some babies make it through the night. if you find that your baby is ok without it just do the 4pm then 7pm feed. you can df as late as 11.00pm as between the 7pm and 7am feeds the 3 hour rule doesnt really apply. if you df at 11.00 your baby should sleep another hour through the night ( my lo does- he now wakes only once at around 4/5)

at first i used to wake my lo at 1.00 am and then 4.00 am for his feeds as he was hospitalised with jaundice and lost quite a lot of his body weight in the first week however if you have no concerns like these you neednt wake your baby, she may surprise you and only wake up once for a feed but probably not at first. the first night i didnt wake my lo for a feed and just let him wake up on his own he slept until half 3 and i was ecstatic!

during the day it is best to wake your baby for her feeds as otherwise it will be difficult to keep to your routine. the latest i would leave her is 7.30 in the morning ( although i must admit if im lazy i dont get my lo up til 8 sometimes but then i spend the whole day catching up). its ok to feed half an hour early or half an hour late but any more and you kind of lose track

Offline owens3116

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 20:29:48 pm »
Thankyou for your replys ill def give it a go now i jst have to get her to go to slepp  after her feeds shes now been awake since 6.00pm feed and still not aslepp yet !

Offline suzie767

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 20:52:30 pm »
have a look at the 4 s wind down and the sleep cues parts of the book, these go a long way towards understanding when and how to get your baby to sleep 

glad i could be of help. good luck with easy

:)

Offline Mamalou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 21:00:58 pm »
congrats on your LO :) and for starting EASY.  There are definitely little bumps (that make life interesting :) ) but it really is great to have a routine. 
Just wanted to say that for the bath thing, I used to feed before bath and then top off after the bath.

Good luck!
Kristi