Author Topic: I cannot believe this!! 20 month old  (Read 2615 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: January 26, 2007, 18:41:43 pm »
My dd just napped for 40 minutes and is wide awake in her crib and I cannot believe she just did that. we put her back on milk about a month ago and she has been very constipated which is why it has been effecting her sleep. SO she usually naps for 2 hours a day and lately it has been down to one hour. then last ngiht she was up most of the night uncomfortable because of her constipation. We gave her milk of mag. and discontinued her milk and now today she napped for 40 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! she did a great poop before going down for her nap and is in there wide awake.

40minutes for the day!!!!!!!!!!!! what do I do???? I am having a baby in 2 weeks and am exhausted. this is brutal.... I cannot believe this battle. I am leaving her in there for the rest of the time.

she has been so cranky lately and is not sick at all. just not getting enough sleep. we don't go in at night she falls back to sleep on her own and we do not rock her. ?? what is up?? :'(

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 18:49:16 pm »
Oh ya. I ahve not changed a thing with  her schedule.
up 6:30 am (used to be 7am)
nap 12:45 -1 closer to 12:45 if up at 6:30am
bed 6:45 if short naps sleeping at 7-7:30pm.

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
Re: I cannot believe this!! 20 month old
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 19:01:00 pm »
Hi Allyson,

Sorry things are so tough.  Do you think she is overtired at nap time?  Could you try putting her down a little earlier?  Waking up around 45 minutes is a sign of being overtired.  It's strange how it works, but sometimes you put them down a little earlier and they will sleep even longer.

Good Luck!
Judy

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 19:23:49 pm »
Like what time?? I want her to get back on track and if I put her down earlier like I did today 12:40 she is now up at 1:30pm for the day!!! that makes for a long afternoon. she has to be overtired. it is killing me . why is she so sensitive? I am putting her to bed at 6:30 tonight.

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 19:34:13 pm »
How does she act right before nap time?  Is she real fussy?

Even 15 minutes can make a difference.  If my son woke up at 6:30AM, I would have him down for a nap at 12:30PM AT THE VERY LATEST.

Also, I think as long as she is not crying, it is fine to leave her in her crib for the rest of her "typical" nap time.  She might just fall back to sleep or at least get some quiet time.  That is restful for them too.  Also, it gives you a little break!  ;) ;)

Judy

andibig

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 19:38:52 pm »
(((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sounds like shes overtired as judy said.sasha is an early waker and we normally put her down for her nap at 11.45.if your LO still takes a short nap then you could try a catnap in the pm as well.
have you tried grape juice for her constipation that normally works well for DD.
my only other thought is she may be teething??

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 20:05:18 pm »
allyson HUGS my DS does this too and its tough, u feel liek ur caught in a cycle! I can only suggest what others have already said which is put her down a tad earlier, it may take a few days for this 'new routine' to kick in. Have u tried w2s or pu/pd when she wakes. I do whatever I can to extend the nap so that the A time before bed isnt too long and i know he isnt overtired at bedtime!
How r u getting on?

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 01:37:20 am »
well she had two huge blow outs today after her nap so that explains it. after that she was a completely different baby. so happy and back to herself. I stopped the milk and the milk of mag worked great. then we put her to bed for 6:45 and she fell right to sleep. she fussed at 30 min after, but then fell back to sleep.

It is def. the constipation, now it may just take a bit to get back on track. I am glad she cleared her system though. The milk of Magnesium must have been working and that is what interupted her nap. we will see.  ::)

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 09:28:23 am »
Im glad things r working out

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 21:42:48 pm »
May I make a suggestion about the milk?  If she's sensitive to cow's milk, maybe she'll do better on goat's milk?  My son had a sensitivity to formula so when I was weaning him from my milk when I was pregnant his doctor recommended goat's milk with a little brown rice syrup. The syrup helped prevent constipation since he was under 1 yo.  I've never had a problem with him so it must have worked.

If you're interested, here's a link with the info.
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/t032400.asp
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/t032401.asp  (note: you don't need to use evaporated or powdered milk - we used regular goat's milk)

HTH!
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 23:45:01 pm »
Her poops are back to normal and she is on a normal diet of all foods except milk. My Dr. says this is fine as long as she is getting calcium form other sources.

I do however think she is getting her second molars. she was up the other night uncomfortable and her naps are some days long and others short and I can tell something is bothering her. her hands are in her mouth and she is drooling a lot and sticking her fingers in her ear. she is not sick and that is all the teething signs she always does. last night I gave her motrin and she slept 12 hours without a peep. but today she only could nap for 40 minutes and woke crying with her hands in her mouth. I did not give her tylenol before her nap and I should have. oh well off to bed early for her tonight.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 12:21:43 pm »
As for the milk, it's not just a calcium thing but Vitamin D (which isn't in cheese, etc) so can you use enriched soy milk or rice milk instead? Or are you using a multi-vitamin?

Teething stinks!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 19:26:46 pm »
well after all it is an ear infection!!!!!!!!!!!! can you believe it... so she is on antibiotics and hopefully this will all get better fast. Her naps continued to be 40 minutes and it was brutal. it has only been a little over 24 hrs of medicine so todays nap was 50 minutes. Hopefully her naps correct themselves I never have luck with wi/wo or wake to sleep at her age. I just leave her. thanks for all your help. wish us luck...

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 19:28:23 pm »
Good luck and get well soon vibes!

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding