Author Topic: 15/16 month old extended waking and inconsolable crying  (Read 9828 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 15/16 month old extended waking and inconsolable crying
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 13:44:13 pm »
We used teething granuals like ashton and parsons or teetha....worth a shot. Honestly for us Ibuprofen worked the best, I always think along the lines of how I would feel if my teeth were hurting I would want some relief.
Hope these teeth pop through quickly  :) x
Zoe

Offline katkniep

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 17:13:41 pm »
Hey thanks ladies :) I've had the teething granuals, cold cloths, teething rings, cucumber etc. I think it's hard to pinpoint what the problem is atm so she's getting those things during the day just in case it is the teeth!

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 20:30:12 pm »
Hi Hun,

I don't think anyone has mentioned putting a pillow under her cot mattress to raise her head. When teething the blood pools around the site when lying down and causes pressure and pulsating, so raising the head can help, it made a big difference for DS and others I have suggested it too. I believe this is why many LO's sleep a lot better in the pushchair or car in a slightly reclined seated positon when teething.

Hope this helps.

((HUGS))

x.

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 20:36:55 pm »
Not to harp on it, but if you're open to the idea, the amber teething necklaces are worth a try.  Inexpensive and I swear neither of mine had any daytime teething symptoms to speak of - no drooling, chewing etc, we never needed to use the cold cloths and so on.  When they did wake at night, it was clear they were in significant discomfort and I chose ibuprofen at that point, and they would go straight back off, more or less. 
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.