Author Topic: Sickness and lack of sleep  (Read 716 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:59:31 am »
My 20 mo lo has a cold and a cough that comes only when he lays diwn which has led to no naps now for days as well as nw. Any tips or suggestions. He was so exhausted today after another day with no nap that he was falling asleep eating at 430! I managed to keep him up until 6 pm and then into bed. He's been tossing and crying in his sleep. Every day at naptime he's cries when I put him in crib and can't settle which is leading to ot. :(

Offline lilybug25

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:36:15 am »
Both my girls are sick right now with colds and pretty bad coughs. ATM I don't have a cold mist humidifier but buying one tomorrow to put in their room.
My 3yr old is so sick she is back to napping so i do this routine before nap with her and again with both girls before bed.
I give Advil 45 minutes before bed and get them to have a few sips on hot(well warm) honey and lemon.
go into the bathroom and do a steam for 15 minutes.( they cough up lots of phlegm and their noses run like crazy during the steam and right after. I give them a big cold drink of water when we get out).
Come out and put vicks on soles on feet (wearing thin socks) chest and back
Jammies on
brush teeth
Put into bed with extra pillow under head so head is higher then chest
so tired from being sick they pass right out
Also if he is sick I would let him sleep when he want for how ever long he wants, bed is the best when your sick  :)DD2 went for a nap at 2:30pm today cause she needed it slept for 45 minutes at still went to bed 1 hr early ( and is fast asleep right now).
HTH and hope he feels better soon.
i would also cut dairy products out for a bit to help with phlegm

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:29:42 am »
Hope he is feeling better Honey  ??? :( Colds suck!  >:(

x.