Author Topic: 2 1/2 hour EASY help  (Read 806 times)

Offline SweetAsHoney

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Ari and Esti
« on: October 01, 2006, 10:22:21 am »
My LO is 3 months old TODAY! He is on a two-and-a-half-hour EASY, but he can easily go 3 hours between feedings. He stays up for A time for about 1 1/2 hours and only sleeps 45 minutes, his E time come out sometimes much earlier than 3 hours. I have been feeding him when he wakes but then he doesn't eat as well and the whole thing has started to make me a little insane. How do I push him up? I have tried extending his naps but he just won't take, and I can't extend his A time anymore because then he gets overtired Do I just wait for it to work itself out? What am I supposed to do? I start work in two weeks and leaving every two and a half hours to feed him won't sit well with my work? Help me.

Thank you for all your great advice until now.

Anna

Offline gracie3

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: 2 1/2 hour EASY help
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 17:37:53 pm »
I don't have much advice, I just wanted to let you know that we went through this exact same problem, and it does work itself out.  I just stuck to 3 hour feedings, even if that meant E A S A E for awhile, and the 45 min naps worked themselves out at around 4 months when we went to a four hour feedings.  You want your lo to take full feedings, so feeding him at 2.5 hours if he's not really hungry will not help him do that.  I hope someone else has something more practical for you!  hang in there!  My dd is now almost 6 months and is on a beautiful 4 hour routine, with 2 hours awake time and 2 hour naps!  When she was 3 months old i was pulling my hair out, too! Good luck with returning to work!

Offline NikiJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 164
Re: 2 1/2 hour EASY help
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 18:22:28 pm »
Hi Anna

Can you post your routine please?

Niki

Offline SweetAsHoney

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Ari and Esti
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 21:37:44 pm »
E - 7am
A
S - 8:30 - 9:10 or 9:15
     (I hold off feeding or he just bobs on and off)
E - 9:30
A
S - 10:45 - 11:30

E - 12:00
A
S - 1:15 - 2:00

E  - 2
A
S - ~4 sometimes later - 5:00

E - 5
A
S - 6:30
   putting him to bed at night is usually the hardest and we end up pt/sh until the 7pm feed where I feed and
   then he falls asleep while eating
E  - 7
E - 9
DF - 11:30

and he had been sick recently so he wakes at about 2 and 5 when he used to only wake at between 3 and 4
a few nights he even woke up 3 times but the middle time I just gave him his paci to go back to sleep which he did