Author Topic: HELP!! we have been waking every hour for 3 consecutive nights...  (Read 834 times)

Offline Shanchuk

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
And I don't know what I've done wrong:(((

Did PUPD for nap extension a week and a half ago and worked miraculously for about a week...
Then stArted deliberatin weaning of the 3 night feeds bit didn't start anything active yet and low and behold....

Wakeups started being every 45-1:15 except for the first and last 2-3 sessions..

What have I done?
How can I fix it?

I've been nursimg only at every other wakeup, meaning every two hours but perhaps I should stop altogether as it is confusing that sometimes she gets the boob and others she doesn't..
The wake ups start aroubd 22-23 so I've been skipping DF but I must say I feel it has done more bad than good as since I've started with it she now wakes for it and it hasn't extended the next wake-up.... Which means out of habit right?

If I look at the days, her big sister has been at home for the week so perhaps her A time is a bit more stimulated and in the last two days her naps have shortened again as well as I think she's overtired from the nite and I haven't always been able to help lengthen them due to DD1:(((

I feel so helpless as a I still have a whole week and a half with both of them together in which I won't be able to give her what she needs....

What to do????

As for her schedule her A time ranges from 120-215 hors depending on the day and her naps are now 45 min again with me trying to increase them for about 30 min or sometimes just letting her get up when DD1 needs me - what a mess, huh?

Would love some words of advice before tonights adventure...
Am sooooo tired!!!
Shani

Offline clazzat

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 286
Re: HELP!! we have been waking every hour for 3 consecutive nights...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 13:02:00 pm »
How old is she? My gut feeling is that she is probably confused about whether she gets fed or not and you should cut out the nf completely, but as I don't know how old she is I don't know whether she should be getting through the night without a feed.

It might also help to see what her day looks like - ime this kind of waking is generally not routine related, but it's worth a look just in case something needs tweaking.

Offline Shanchuk

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:13:41 am »
She's 4 and a half months old and I try to keep her at 1.25-1.5 and rarely 2 hours.
As for her naps, since that wennt back down to 45 the A time has been mor confusing, but the sleeplessness started even before the shortened naps...

So I don't have a sched o write down cxuz lately everything has changed:(

Offline clazzat

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 06:43:03 am »
I think she is a bit young for dropping the dream feed and expecting her to go through the night without a feed. My very easy baby slept through with a df from 10 weeks but we kept the df until she was about 7-8 months. My other two were less easy and they didn't go through the night without a feed until they were quite a bit older.

I would start by giving her the df again, and then feeding her once more in the night if she needs it - no less than 4 hours after the df as she should be able to manage that long.