Author Topic: Advice needed for 13 week TWINS with big brothers...  (Read 985 times)

Offline twoplustwo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Advice needed for 13 week TWINS with big brothers...
« on: August 20, 2013, 23:17:46 pm »
Hi!  I'm looking advice in dealing with my 13 week old twins as we gear up for getting the 5 and 7 year old brothers back to school.  I am tandem breastfeeding the babies and they eat every three hours during the day.  This hasn't been an issue over the summer months as our schedule as been fairly laid back.  My anxiety now is that I have to get the other boys ready and out the door in the mornings for school.  The big boys have the option of taking the bus...or me dropping them off.  Clearly, there are pros and cons to each option.  One buys everyone more time in the morning, but requires me to throw the babies in the car...where the other means everyone has an early wake up.  If they take the bus, is have to have the big boys up by 6:30 and to the bus stop by 7:15.  If I drive them, we have to leave the house at 8. All of this is going require me to wake the babies at a certain time to feed them. 

Im thinking waking babies at 6, nursing for a half hour.  Wake up bigs at 6:30.  They can get dressed while i change the babies and put them back down (they have a very short morning wake time right now).  That leaves me a short amount of time to get the bigs organized and out the door...ugh.  It's not going to be enough time!!!  Has anyone gone thru this before?  Any advice you can offer?  It's much appreciated!!!

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Advice needed for 13 week TWINS with big brothers...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:58 am »
Sweetie, what is it that you WANT to do? Do you want to drive them or you want them to take the bus? I think that's the first thing you need to decide about and then we can work out on a plan for their EASY. Either way it's not going to be perfect, but not EASY is! And we can at least make it less chaotic and confusing if there is a plan :).
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline twoplustwo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 14:01:36 pm »
Hahaha...yes, you are right.  I really just need to pick one.  Just seems like such an overwhelming task right now, given that we've had three months with the luxury of slower moving mornings.  :)

The plan right now is for my big kids to catch the bus.  Last week it worked out that the babies were waking about 5:30.  I fed them and got them right back to bed about 6:15/6:30.  They slept for about three hours which gave me plenty of time to wake up the bigs and get them out the door.  That said, I'm concerned...I'm feeling like the day isn't really starting till 9/9:30 for the babies.  Make sense?  Now that we are getting into an actual routine, and the babies are older, should I be working toward a different wake up time?  Aside from this 5:30 wake up, they are only waking up one other time at night.  Bedtime is about 8:30.  They wake about 2:30.  Daytime sleeping is a mess because we had a summer on the go. 

Can anyone make a good recommendation on what EASY should look like for them at 14 weeks.  They are Still eating every three hours for the majority of the day.

Thx!

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 11:44:11 am »
That said, I'm concerned...I'm feeling like the day isn't really starting till 9/9:30 for the babies.  Make sense?
If BT is at 20:30 and then I would say that perhaps 9:30 is too much sleep... But on the other hand there are babies who sleep 13h at night, high sleep needs babies.
I was going to say that if you want WU to be at 9-9:30 in the morning then BT should be around 12h the evening before, but it doesn't sound like you want the day to start that late and finish that late. Am I right?
If they take the bus, is have to have the big boys up by 6:30 and to the bus stop by 7:15.
So basically we are saying that the babies need to be up at 6:30 or daddy still at home to be with them (while they sleep) till you come back? I am just trying to understand when do you need them to be up? I think that if they will wake at 6:30 or a bit later then it will actually work very well for you with taking the older kids to the bus, no? They could start their A time then and won't fall asleep in the pram. If they continue to feed around 5 then they would ask for a feed just at 8? 'Cause that will work as well, you'll be back by then.
What do you think?
You can have a look here: Sample EASY Routines from 0 - 13mths+ at how others have their EASY at this age.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/