Author Topic: He's killing me!  (Read 1475 times)

Offline webfoot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
He's killing me!
« on: October 20, 2005, 19:23:43 pm »
It's not the teeth he's gotten, although I've been bit a couple times.

His new thing is he gets his little hands on each side of my breast and starts pinching me. I have cut the fingernails down to the quick but he still packs a punch, I have scratchmarks all over my boob! I've been trying to divert him with something in his hand to grab, or just holding his hand, but i can only grasp the hand on top, not the one on the bottom. I finally swaddled him last night b/c I just couldn't take it anymore!  Maybe I need to get a nursing necklace so he has something to fondle. But this pinching is driving me crazy and causing a great deal of pain and irritation.  Please tell me this phase will pass quickly b/c it may do in our breastfeeding.
Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!

Offline Schae

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
He's killing me!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 19:28:07 pm »
Ds does this too. I change positions so that his hands are on my clothes. Or I hold his hands.. but you're right about that not working.

The swaddle sounds good?
Proud mama to
Luka 22 Feb 2010 Textbook/Spirited
Tiisetso 18 Sep 2010 Textbook/Touchy
and three little angels

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
He's killing me!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 23:22:40 pm »
Oooooh!  I HATED that phase!  Dd still does it occasionally, but, like with biting, I would firmly tell her know and move her hands.  Or take her attention otherwise - looking at her, singing, etc.  I DID find it got better, though! :?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
He's killing me!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 02:38:00 am »
I agree it is a HORRIBLE phase for those who experience it (I don't remember G doing this but M!)

We use a teddy to cuddle instead of pinching, it really does help.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

annamum

He's killing me!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 02:46:15 am »
We used a toy that was reserved for nursing only. The Duckie became her favorite toy, it is her lovey now, she still wants to have it when we nurse.

And yes, it is a phase  :wink:, it will pass.

Colleen

He's killing me!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 04:04:30 am »
What about those little mittens you can put on newborns to keep them from scratching themself? Would those work until the phase is over? :)

Offline webfoot

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
He's killing me!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 06:42:11 am »
Oh Colleen that is such a good idea! Or even a pair of socks, I might try that.

Dh saw my breast today and was like "what the heck happened to you!" tiny little scratches all over it. Those little baby nails sure can be sharp! I never made it this far with the other two to enjoy this phase.

But I'll tell you he is about the cutest little thing in the world when he nurses. He demands my complete attention and now pops off and gives grumpy looks to anyone who tries to talk to me while he's nursing. And when he's ready to nurse he is all over me, grabbing and pulling and try to suck on any part of me he can get his mouth on. It's so darn cute. And he is so spoiled about being able to basically nurse on demand. He doesn't abuse it so I haven't had to put my foot down yet. It's just the pinching... UGH!
Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!