Author Topic: Habitual Waking  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Habitual Waking
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 13:22:35 pm »
In regards to transitioning out of the Woombie. I have one of his arms out of it now, but when I am doing shush-pat or hold his arms while he drifts off to sleep, he really startles a lot still, his arms and his legs go flying. How did you transition your baby out of it?
Just time, really.  He'll get it eventually, it's hard for them at first.  Some people try just weaning it at night first as they know they'll be around during naps to keep an eye on LO while he sleeps.  That way you can get some good sleep in him.

45 minutes -- he could need some more A time, but he could just be having trouble going through sleep cycles.  If you check this link How to address habitual wakings (w2s and other methods) - it gives some ideas for extending naps (don't worry about the first night waking part, but the first and third option under naps are both good ones for you).

Offline ginacr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 10:15:49 am »
Thanks so much Erin for your advice over the last couple of days. I can't believe it, but after a week with him waking all through the night he only woke once last night at 3:30 and then went back to sleep until 7. He had a 2 hour A time this morning after this and now has slept for one hour 15 so far! He as also easy to get down for his nap. Long may it continue! Once again thanks so much!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 04:53:18 am »
Yay!  So glad to hear it! :)