Author Topic: I'm losing my mind; 30-40 minute naps  (Read 956 times)

Offline Pil4r

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I'm losing my mind; 30-40 minute naps
« on: July 23, 2015, 13:19:19 pm »
Hi everyone,

I feel as though I'm losing my mind. My LO will ONLY sleep 30-40 minutes at a time. She's 4 months. Her EASY routine is as follows

E: 6am
A: (2 hours)
S: 8am

E: 10am
S: 12 pm

E:2 pm
S: 4 pm cat nap

E & B: 6pm
DF: 10pm

She sleeps through the night. The 30-40 minute naps are not enough for her as she's extremely tired and cranky afterwards, and wants to go back to bed within an hour, especially before the 6pm feed. I often have to do it a bit earlier because she's so tired.

I don't know what else to do. There is no time for anything, and we can hardly leave the house  since she gets up so early, she only has about an hour before she wants to sleep again.

Would wake to sleep help in this situation?

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: I'm losing my mind; 30-40 minute naps
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 15:14:25 pm »
Perhaps she's having a bit of trouble coping with the shift to 4 hours A? If that's the case, time should help with this. But honestly, short naps at that age especially are mostly developmental, and again, it gets better as they get older. Not very reassuring for you right now, I know but I was in the same position with DD at the age.
short naps at 3-4 months? Take it easy, it will get better!

But a few things that can help -- keeping things fairly low key in A times/ doing a sort of pre-wind down of calming stuff before wind down, so walk around the house, or go out for a walk etc/ white noise/ a good swaddle/ dark room

HTH!

Offline Pil4r

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: I'm losing my mind; 30-40 minute naps
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 22:30:54 pm »
Thanks for posting the link to that post. It was really helpful. I'm going to try to not let it bother me as much, and work around it.

Thanks again - hoping it's a phase! ;)