Author Topic: 13 Month Waking Earlier  (Read 694 times)

Offline scottbmunro

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 05, 2014, 15:52:05 pm »
Hello, We have a 13 month old who has started waking up earlier and earlier. He has slept through the night (8pm-6am sometimes 7am) for over 3 months now, but about a week ago has started waking up screaming at 4:30 or 4:00. He still has 2 naps of .5-1 hour in the morning and ~2 hours in the afternoon. He weaned himself a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't been feeding through the night anyway for some time now. The only reason I'm posting is that we are concerned it might be him testing his "boundaries" and don't want to make a mistake. If we go in the room and pat him on the back (he's a stomach sleeper) he'll be completely calm as if he were asleep. If you stop, he instantaneously looks for you and resumes screaming. If he didn't calm down so easily, I'd think it might be something more like teething or sick. Maybe it is, maybe it's not, I don't know. Looking for suggestions of posts, ideas, opinions, anything that might help. Would even be happy to accept a suggestion of, you're over thinking this. Thank you.

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 13 Month Waking Earlier
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:15:59 am »
Welcome to BW :)

This is a tough age. It could be a bit of teething and SA kicking in which is why he is looking for your presence, and waking more YK? Can you see any teeth coming, swollen or cutting?

How long has he had that routine? Your in 2-1 territory and it could be that morning nap needs to go, or at least be capped consistently at 30 mins :-\

What do you think?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.