Author Topic: Morning wake up getting earlier every day!!  (Read 965 times)

Offline bubbabear1

• Bubbabear1
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Caitlin Rose
Morning wake up getting earlier every day!!
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:56:52 am »
Hi there,

DD is 26 months and has has been STTN quite well recently - We had NW's for a while but cut her nap and now all seems to be fine for the moment.  She goes to sleep at BT about 8.30pm and normally wakes about 7.30am/7.45am  She has started waking earlier in the mornings, and today it was about 6.30am - even before DH got up for work!!

Any ideas as to how to stretch her nights out or shall I just accept that is her wake up time???

TIA,

Siobhan
xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Morning wake up getting earlier every day!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:55:48 am »
How long is her nap now and what time?  Can you get her to bed a bit earlier? She could be getting a bit OT with the shorter nap so getting her to bed earlier should help her to catch up? EWs are usually OT related in this house!

Laura

Offline bubbabear1

• Bubbabear1
  • Caitlin Rose
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 11:27:35 am »
Hey Laura,

How are you all doing in sunny Wales!!  Hope you are well.  Her day before the earlier wake-ups was

7.30am/7.45am wake-up

1.30pm - 2.30pm  nap

BT 8.30pm

I will try an earlier BT as I think you are right about OT.  Should I go for 7.30/8.00pm??  An ideal wake-up time is 7.30am, hense the later BT.

Thanks for all your help,

Siobhan
xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:45:15 am »
Sunny Wales is rather wet today! We are all fine thanks - building up to DD's 2nd birthday next week :o

I would try for an earlier nap too, pull the nap to 1 or even 12.30 (too late for that today!) then do bedtime 7.30ish. If she normally does an 11ish hour night see if an earlier bedtime can get you back to normal night sleep length then push bedtime back to where you want it to get the later wake ups (hopefully and in theory ;)).

What do you think?

Laura

Offline bubbabear1

• Bubbabear1
  • Caitlin Rose
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:50:02 am »
Hey laura,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I have started putting her down at 1.00pm for a nap, but letting her sleep till 2.30pm as we have had some shocking NW's.  Should I cut back to 1 hour naps and go for the earlier BT?

Thanks for al your help - Sunny Edinburgh is pretty wet too, so you are not alone!!

Cheers, Enjoy the big birthday!!

Siobhan
xx

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 13:28:54 pm »
Siobhan just on my phone at the mo but wanted to say that when nap cutting at this age I'm finding earlier bedtime is crucial to getting a later wake up.  It's weird but he'll tack if we get bedtime right, if we don't he's been waking after 10/10.5 hrs and not happy about it.  Last night pulled bedtime back to 7:30 and he slept 11.5 hrs and DH woke him at 7!

Do you think she's getting OT?
The tweaking never stops!

Offline bubbabear1

• Bubbabear1
  • Caitlin Rose
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 11:30:55 am »
hey Wendy,

Hope you are all well.

I think she is OT for sure, but DH does BT and she loves her stories and he will read her as many as she wants before he turns off the light!  This stretches out BT quite late so I will have to be firm with DH about taking her earlier into her room or less stories!!  I think he really enjoys it too tho!!  I got her asleep by just after 8.00pm last night and she woke about 7.15am (I think??), so not too bad.  Should I stick to the 1 hour nap??  She is doing a lot of shouting in her sleep which is new.  Sometimes she goes back to sleep but other times she will be sitting up and crying.  I go thru and give her a cuddle and she goes off to sleep easily. She shouts for me or DH at different times.  Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks again for all your help everyone!!

Cheers,

Siobhan
xx