Author Topic: Pat/shush for babies question  (Read 989 times)

Offline Woodsies

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:02:03 am »
I am interested in the issues Elinor Powell raised as well - our house is also very cold and I have tried and failed to swaddle my 8 week old daughter Hannah - she screams and protests and has done since they tried to do it in hospital. I have used one of those baby sleeping bags as at least if she kicks off the sheets she still has the warmth the bag gives her. I have decided to follow the EASY routine and use the 4 S's but am hoping it will be okay to do it without the swaddling? I hope that by taking her into the darker room and putting her into her growbag that she will start to associate that with sleep time rather than the swaddle. DO you think this will work? I am only just starting on the EASY routine as we have been using ourselves as props to get her to sleep as she had such bad colic in the first few weeks she would only settle on either one of our chests. Time to remove that prop now, here's hoping we have some success!!

Emma, mum to Hannah 8 weeks and 3 days

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Pat/shush for babies question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 19:53:41 pm »
hi,

i moved your topic since you had some questions.  in the middle of cleaning house and we're going to make that a resource thread, rather than a Q&A thread like it was. :D

to answer your question, lots of moms have had wonderful success using those baby sleeping bags - and it does help keep them warm.  it does kinda keep to the 4 S's - just make zipping her in part of your winddown routine. 

good luck with settling her in to her new routine, and post back if you have more questions! :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy