Author Topic: ? On catching up on EASY  (Read 799 times)

Offline Stine333

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 05, 2006, 16:09:49 pm »
OK -

So when I get the 45 min nap I am working on keeping his awake time still the same - so his feeding is more at the end of his A time then at the beginning for the next cycle.  So when I put him down for this next nap - sometimes it is relly long - to his next feeding, which can be 2.25 hours.  Should I let him sleep this long at a time during the day? Will it affect his next nap?  (making it shorter?)--it seems to.

And also with the above situation - 2 45 minute naps and all his A time will be before he is to eat and he gets to his nap over his time limit.  Am I watching the clock too much?

Thanks -

Christine
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: ? On catching up on EASY
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 19:14:33 pm »
Christine,

The 45 minute nap days can be hard, but can tell you it is not unlikely for a lo to have a routine that looks something like this.

E A S A E S A etc etc.

If he does have a short nap in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon, I cannot see it being a problem, just ensure he does still have all his feedings to ensure you don't have any night wakings.

HTH
Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 19:33:52 pm »
Also, if you have days where he does not nap well, it would be worth getting him to bed a little earlier, so that he does not get overtired.

Offline Stine333

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 15:34:53 pm »
Thanks for the help - I have been off the boards for a few days - try to relax a little about the naps and going a little more with the flow. 

I have had some success with getting he back to sleep when he wakes at 45 minutes - but sometimes it takes 30 - 45 minutes.  Then it is time for him to eat in 30 - 45 more minutes and I always have to wake him.  It has been kind of hard to wake him - like he is really back to sleep.  I know he needs to eat on schedule.  But it is so hard after 45 minutes of getting him to go back to sleep - waking him up in 30 minutes, especially when he is sleepy.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 19:21:29 pm »
I would try persevering with the Pat / Shhh, it will work in the long run.  I know it is difficult at the moment, but it will get better.

Also, you could pop over to our Naps board, they may be able to give you a bit more advice.

HTH

Paula x