Author Topic: Please look at our schedule? 6.5 month old  (Read 992 times)

Offline Theiababy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Please look at our schedule? 6.5 month old
« on: August 14, 2016, 21:19:44 pm »
Hello! New here and really hoping for some good advice!

My little girl is 6.5 months old. We have been sleep training using a gentle sleep lady shuffle (I never leave the room until she's out for the night, and she always knows I'm right there if she expresses sadness). We are on day 16 of ST and just "shushing" now and pu's if crying for 3-5 minutes with no break.
Also to add she just learned to sit and crawl and pull up all in the last week (in case that has any bearing).

This is our current rough schedule as no 2 days are the same, and only recently has any sort of pattern been emerging now that she's getting so much more night sleep (I ST because she was waking every 45-1hr all night long since 3.5 months).

Wu at 5am and I bring her to bed

7am up for the day
9:30 nap (can be 30 mins or 1hr)
1:30 (Aftwr 3 hrs of wake time nap (30 mins-1 hr))
4pm 30 min nap
7-7:30pm bed

I do a dreamfeed at 10 pm and sometimes at 4am when she stirs.

All naps I need to bounce and then lay down with her. We are holding off on nap training until nights are great.

Would love any thoughts or recommendations, please!
Background:
Silent reflux baby that seems to be resolving, only breast fed no solids yet, can't do eat play sleep as she only snacks every hr due to learned behavior from when reflux was terrible (she won't fill her belly for fear of pain we think). Just transitioned from 4 naps to 3 by her choice

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Please look at our schedule? 6.5 month old
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 22:39:38 pm »
Welcome to the forums. 

At first glance I'd say she almost certainly needs a hike in A times. 3hrs will probably give you 2 longer naps so you can drop the third catnap. 

What is the reason you haven't started solids yet?  Have you discussed that with your doctor?  What's the plan about when you'll start offering solids?

Is she on meds for the reflux?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Theiababy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 23:12:29 pm »
Hi Thank you so much for responding!
I am currently doing an elimination diet for 6weeks to try and figure out what may be upsetting her tummy. Until we find out what's bugging her, I'm resistant to begin trying out solids with such a sensitive tummy.
She used to be on zantac but I was able to wean her off with Nat phos 6x thankfully! She can go 4 hrs at night if not overtired, but she's so alert it's almost impossible to spot sleepy cues.
Today I am trying 2 naps with a 6:30 bedtime. I'm hoping it will help things! I would love to stretch the naps!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 12:03:14 pm »
If you've weaned the Zantac could the tummy upsets not be related to reflux starting to bother her again? 

Solids are introduced for more than nutrition. Chewing, gumming etc are really important for developing facial and tongue muscles for speech so I'd check in with your paed and ask for advice on that. Did they mention how long they want you to hold off on solids?  I'd be wary of the fact you are waiting 6 weeks and she's already 6.5 months as that means 8 months before solids??  My DD2 had dairy intolerances and we still told to start weaning at 6 months but start with safer foods and try for a few days and watch for reactions.  We did 2 rather than 3 meals for a good while but were never told to not start solids. Our GP referred us to a dietician too. Has she had severe reactions while BFing?

Agree with Ali that upping the A time will help establish 2 naps.  You're doing great on the ST. Maybe look at reducing the bouncing soon?

Offline Theiababy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 02:14:03 am »
Hello and thank you:-)
I don't believe our sleep issues are related to any discomfort now. I held off doing any sort of st'ing until I was positive she wasn't waking so much out of pain. I experimented a lot with giving a pain med (motrin) before bed or the go to for breakthrough reflux (Mylanta cherry supreme). Every time I went to start ST, I just couldn't do it without knowing for sure she wasn't having teeth pain, reflux pain. After 2 months of experimenting with these things, inclines, swings, my ND drs prescriptions, I've found we are just having a hard time learning how to put ourselves to sleep without mom bouncing and boobing.
I feel like she's going backwards right now and I'm just so frustrated... so I hired a sleep coach tonight. Her first thought before the in depth consult is that baby should only be awake max of 2 hrs right now because she is so alert and active.
Wish me luck!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 10:34:12 am »
Good luck
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011