Author Topic: not looking forward to tonight  (Read 906 times)

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
not looking forward to tonight
« on: March 19, 2006, 02:44:37 am »
we had to take ds to the er last night with breathing difficulties -- turned out to be a rapid onset respiratory virus that we were prescribed nothing but "supportive care" for. thank goodness he is fine (or at least as fine as can be expected). i don't think you know fear till something like this happens.

he was therefore unexpectedly awake between 11.30pm and 3am last night (though blowing raspberries between 2am and 3am, which i guess shows that he was feeling better). i've lost track of how many naps he's tried to take today, and the poor little guy has been so overtired it's not funny. nothing would work, not swaddling, nursing to sleep, or napping in our bed. we took him out in the buggy in the early afternoon, and thankfully he slept for an hour. but dh and i ended up putting him to bed at 4.30pm because doing his night-time routine was the only way after that, that he could "tell" that it was ok to go to sleep. he was out like a light. so far he's had two coughing fits, but has settled himself right back down.

i'm not only fearful of a repeat of last night, but also that putting him to bed two hours earlier will mean he's up at 4am. though i must say, with previous illnesses, he's slept for hours on end. i'm not saying that because i'm worried about my potential lack of sleep, more that i just want him to be at peace and recuperating, and that is largely when he's asleep.

please think get well thoughts for my little guy. and good sleep thoughts too.

thanks!

mrs. b.

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: not looking forward to tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 03:44:33 am »
Sending restful vibes to you and upstairs to Natalie both, although I must say the ER rates WAAAAY higher than Natalie's sniffles.  :(

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you - hope you sleep well!

Offline Sylvia.

• Showing Appreciation 232
Re: not looking forward to tonight
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 07:36:19 am »
good well thoughts to both your children, hope they are feeling and sleeping better