Author Topic: HELP 22 Months and still not sleeping through  (Read 725 times)

Offline shellyxx

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP 22 Months and still not sleeping through
« on: March 26, 2007, 14:15:54 pm »
Hi

I feel like I don't know where to turn to next DS seems to not want to sleep through no matter what we do.  He has had severe reflux from birth and is still suffering we are trialing on a milk free diet to see if that helps but no luck so far...
We have been to the sleep clinic who supported our decision not to CIO and we have managed to cut out his night feeds (comfort feeding issues) but he still wouldn't sleep through, I have since realised that his bottle he has before bed he was using as a comforter throughout the night just sucking on the empty bottle and for the last 1.5 weeks we have stopped his bottle in bed and he know has it before his bath but still no full nights sleep!!!

He only wakes once or twice that I need to go into him and most of the time WIWO works within 20 mins, he also wakes really early 5.30-6am and will not go back to sleep, he is a real fidget when he is asleep and is always moaning and groaning

His routine is like this

5.30-6am - awake
8.30am - breakfast
10am - snack
11.30am - lunch
12.30pm- sleep for 1 hour maybe 1.5 hours
1.30-2pm - snack
3.30-4pm - dinner
5.30pm - supper (just a slice of toast or a banana)
6.30pm - bottle & bath
7pm - bed

Any ideas of how to get him to sleep through or at least stay in bed a bit later?

TIA

Love

Shell xx

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: HELP 22 Months and still not sleeping through
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 18:44:23 pm »
As he is waking so early it seems that he could be overtired for his nap.  I would try a slightly earlier nap time to hopefully extend that and then bed no later than 5 and a half hours after he wakes from his nap.  Keep doing the WIWO, it will take time to adjust.