Author Topic: Naps or lack of when not home  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: February 11, 2015, 12:46:29 pm »
My 19 mo and I like to visit grandma but the nap is hard if we are out. He will only sleep in his crib at home. Very rarely will he even sleep in the car. We love to visit grandma but I feel bad not to put him down for a nap and just expect him to happy and playful. Is it bad to once in a while if we are not home to not give him a nap? I guess I might just put him to bed a bit early. ?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Naps or lack of when not home
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 14:11:03 pm »
I think it's fine :). The odd missed nap won't harm.  But could you try a travel cot and take a portable blackout blind?  DD would usually settle in that ok.  Or if not travel back mid afternoon, if he's that tired he may crash for a short nap in the car to get you to an early BT?  DD wasn't a car sleeper at all but if she was very tired she would doze off late on in the day.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 20:04:16 pm »
I've tried that but it's just so much work setting it up and he just won't settle. We traveled back at 2 and he slept for 20 mins. Going to see how he is tonight maybe I'll put him to bed a little early. I always feel bad and that we both get cheated out of naptime but it's nice to go out too and visit :)

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Naps or lack of when not home
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 20:36:07 pm »
Life does go on :)