Author Topic: Short nappers- Just accept it?  (Read 5693 times)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2014, 11:07:23 am »
Mine was doing 1:30 after a jump from 1:15 exactly after 8/9w when we finished wonder week. Just in one day!
~Marta

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Short nappers- Just accept it?
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 22:23:51 pm »
Today she slept for 2 hours after an A time of 1h40m! (was a mistake)... Can that be possible in an 8 weeker? We are going to stick with 1h30 min for now, but if she keeps getting longer, we may have to switch to a 3.5 EASY- seems so very early. Our boy went to 3.5 EASY at 3 months... and that seemed very early.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2014, 23:22:48 pm »
It is possible she needs more, but giving the 1.5 hr a few more days will tell you if it is enough! I had to do split feeds as the A times were too long and she could not last more than 3 hrs.
Heidi

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2014, 01:41:06 am »
Sticking ot the 1.5h A time, but today was kinda a mess- only got like 4 hours of daytime sleep. EBT to be sure, but she seems wide awake. I am so confused by this little girl. I must be missing something...

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 09:31:18 am »
EBT never really worked for DD3 tbh...she seems pre-programmed for an 8:00 bedtime. If the naps are still short might be worth adding 5-10 min of A time just to see. Honestly if DD3 had been my first I would have been confused too as she is so different from the average A times/sleep needs, but due to the fact that I had to work her around our schedule I figured out she did way better on a routine meant for a much older baby. She does not actually get much more sleep than my 5 & 7 year olds!!
Heidi

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2014, 21:55:19 pm »
So just to mix it up, LO is now not waking at all today. Had  good night with only one wake up and then woke at 7 am and has been fussy and so sleepy. Barely making A time of 1.5 h and this last A time barely woke up to even feed. Sleeping 1.5-1.75 hours naps. When I did wake her during A time, she cries and fusses! No fevers, eating ok, peeing ok, less poops! What do you think? Growth spurt?

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 00:12:09 am »
Yup if no signs of illness for sure sounds like a growth spurt! Just ride it out and worry about routine after it is done!
Heidi

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 01:08:34 am »
Wish I could have both- good naps and good A time... Always something to worry about- I am glad it is likely a growth spurt, but she is not eating more...

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2014, 02:08:42 am »
Oh I know! I wish for the same (my 9 month old hardly naps in order to get a decent night sleep!).
Heidi

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2014, 01:45:49 am »
So, she seems to be back to her prior sleep schedule today- one long nap, 3 short 45 minute naps at 1h30mA time. Seems very fussy and upset still... Guess the sleepy phase is done. Hopefully she sleeps tonight.

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 04:43:24 am »
Fx the night goes (went?) okay! Along with the growth comes developmental leaps too which are a whole other fun thing to deal with ;).
Heidi

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 23:19:19 pm »
So we finally pushed out her A times and have gotten decent naps! She is now at 1h45m A time which is crazy for a 10 week old. I am trying to figure out her EASY with such long A times and posted on that board. I put her on a 3.5 EASY as I do not think she is ready to drop a feed as she only takes 4-5 ounces a feed. And I really don't know what to do if she starts short napping again!

Is the A time crazy??

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 01:35:44 am »
Lol to me, no not a crazy A time at all! If it works then that is what baby needs!
Heidi

Offline Florena49

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 08:13:10 am »
Its not crazy at all in fact I read some research not long ago that now babies sleep much less generally than say 15-20 years ago. And generally i find that more go to one nap earlier and earlier now.
If its any help Os needs a very long A time to get a decent nap so we are on 4 hours A at 7 months.
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 09:26:49 am »
Great you sorted that out, Nickie! 

I read some research not long ago that now babies sleep much less generally than say 15-20 years ago. And generally i find that more go to one nap earlier and earlier now.
I'd be really cautious about generalisations like this.  I know Tracy was very concerned about the general reduction in sleep and felt a lot of families (not just the children) built up sleep deficits which badly affected their daily lives in terms of mood and even eating patterns.  It's great that we are getting good at spotting the Low Sleep Needs babies earlier but LSN is not the norm.  :)
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.