Author Topic: Short nappers- Just accept it?  (Read 5681 times)

Offline clazzat

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 286
Re: Short nappers- Just accept it?
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 18:43:43 pm »
Great you sorted that out, Nickie! 

I read some research not long ago that now babies sleep much less generally than say 15-20 years ago. And generally i find that more go to one nap earlier and earlier now.
I'd be really cautious about generalisations like this.  I know Tracy was very concerned about the general reduction in sleep and felt a lot of families (not just the children) built up sleep deficits which badly affected their daily lives in terms of mood and even eating patterns.  It's great that we are getting good at spotting the Low Sleep Needs babies earlier but LSN is not the norm.  :)
Absolutely. I know that mine sleep more than the average, but I look around at my friends' los who go to bed late, wake up early and behave badly in between and I am fairly sure that it is not the case that "they just don't need much sleep". Yes, there are lsn los, have if you have one then it is great that you can see it and adapt to it, but they can sometimes go through phases where they need longer a times for some reason but the issues creep back in when a deficit builds up, iyswim.

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Short nappers- Just accept it?
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2014, 19:37:04 pm »
Clazzat you are right... Today she could only make 1h30m this morning. So I guess we will see. For now she is back on 3 hour Easy for today. Maybe she is just transitioning. Will just have to go by her cues, which at this point is pretty much just almost falling asleep in her bouncy or on her mat. Not too reliable