Author Topic: 10 week old nap  (Read 2075 times)

Offline rshobanaa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 10 week old nap
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 16:50:34 pm »
Normally his last feed before bed time is at 8. His night feeds are at 11pm, 2 am and 4.30 am

Offline TB9

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 14:01:26 pm »
Does he seem hungry during the day?  Is it possible you have a low supply and he isnt getting enough at each feed?  Did you recently extend his feeds to every 3hrs during the day, or has he been doing 3hrly feeds for awhile now?

What is his A time now?  It is possible that he is waking early from nap because he is due for a feed  :-\

Offline rshobanaa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 07:51:25 am »
I dont think he is hungry. he seems content after each feed. Also even if he wakes from his nap, he just plays and does not cry. he has been on a 3hr schedule for maybe past 20 days or so. Sometimes he gives hunger cues by 2 1/2 hrs and if I offer, he feeds. In the past Ive tried to offer to feed thinking that he is hungry but he refuses to feed. He feeds only if he is hungry. Also his weight gains seems okay. So I dont think its low supply. (Initially i thought it was the same problem too..). I think I just have to accept that he is a short napper.

PS: Thank God, his night wakings have reduced. He has started to sleep again in the night though he feeds every 3hrs. :-) One big relief for me.

Offline TB9

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 18:08:25 pm »
Yes, you may have to just accept the short naps until he can go longer between feeds. DD2 always woke early from naps abd happy if she was due to eat in 30min :(  It did get better eventually though, just hac to deal with short naps for a bit.

Glad the nws are better.  Feel free to post on the Night Wakings board if they come back and you heed help :)

Offline rshobanaa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 06:55:35 am »
Now that he is 16 weeks old, I tried to extend his A time which is 2 hrs now. I've worked on 2 naps. So his first nap is at around 8 am (he is waking at 5.30 am, i have night waking issues which I've posted there) and he sleeps for 1 hr. His second nap is at around 11.15 and he sleeps for 90 mins with help. After his second nap, his A time increases to 2.5 hrs and he just takes 20-30 mins nap twice between 1 pm and 9 pm. He has a pretty late bedtime (9pm) nowadays and refuses to sleep after is second short nap in the evening till 9pm. I think this will become better when he transitions to 2 naps schedule. Thanks a ton for all the help.